Trying to decide what to do with what's left of my 95!

I do have cruise module under the hood it was unbolted so I guess they swapped, steering wheel, or column no idea yet.

So this truck had a AODE in it from what I can find basically same as 4R70. Door sticker is "U" for 4R70. Guessing AODE was put in at some point.

I want the E4OD in it when I put Lightning back together so someone said on here they can modify harness ECU to do this?

TO MY KNOWLEDGE, the only overall wiring difference between the E4OD and the 4R70W is the coast clutch. So, if you can get the E4OD harnesses that run from the transmission to the engine compartment, you'll need to add the lead from the ECU to the transmission harness for the coast clutch. The control strategy is different, so you'll need an E4OD ECU.

I do not know off the top of my head if the pin out is exactly the same, but that's not too big of a job to adjust.

So if I am correct (please let me know if not LOL) I can swap the E40D harness into my engine harness and run ECU for 351, MAS, & E40D. Donor truck has 4R70W harness, 302, MAS.

Previously info in this thread stated not much difference in engine harness between 302 and 351, both have same firing order but not sure what curve ball MAS throws in to the equations.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE, the only overall wiring difference between the E4OD and the 4R70W is the coast clutch. So, if you can get the E4OD harnesses that run from the transmission to the engine compartment, you'll need to add the lead from the ECU to the transmission harness for the coast clutch. The control strategy is different, so you'll need an E4OD ECU.

I do not know off the top of my head if the pin out is exactly the same, but that's not too big of a job to adjust.
You are correct as my buddy at tranny shop found same info from there tech site. Have to pull 2 wires from ECU plug and run coast wire to tranny as FMOS said. Anyone have a PN for a E40D ECU I'm thinking 95 Bronco? Right now we are going to go thru 4R70 and put it back in donor truck to drive until I get Lightning frame painted, engine built and E4OD built then when we swap body over we will modify harness then to work with donor truck wiring etc.

VEX1, WAY1, BIO0 ECUs come directly to mind. There are a few others.
Looking for the ones you stated I found more info on Full size Bronco forum:

HOG0 (F4TF-12A650-AAA) VEX1/AHACB
TIP1 (F5TF-12A650-GB) TIP1/AHACB
IVY0 (F4TF-12A650-ABA) VEX1/AHACB
U4X0 (F4PF-12A650-AA) VEX1/AHACB
VEX1 (F5TF-12A650-HB) VEX1/AHACB
WAY1 (F5TF-12A650-JB) VEX1/AHACB

So with my MAS system what is best cam for good rumble, power, and still streetable. I'm thinking E or F cam? Suggestions. Probably run shift kit and (Expedition?) converter in E40D.

What're you going to run for heads? If staying stock, I used the TFS valve springs conversion and their Stage 1 cam in the white truck. It doesn't have quite the chop as the E-cam (well, I can't say that for sure since I've only had the E in 302s in the past), but it sounds cammed and it pulls nicely on the stock heads to ~5500.

Going to go thru the stock heads new valves, pocket porting and exh match and 3 angle valve job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this truck had a AODE in it from what I can find basically same as 4R70. Door sticker is "U" for 4R70. Guessing AODE was put in at some point.
AODE was the name used in cars, and it got carried into some documentation for trucks. But the most-common name Ford used for the truck version was 4R70W, which is what U means.
...modify harness ECU to do this?
An EEC can't be modified - only swapped. This shows the variations in the pinouts:

(click this text)

This shows how an E4OD is controlled:

(click this text)

A 4R70W is very similar, but it has an additional on-board output shaft speed (OSS) sensor.

(click this text)

Pretty sure my 94 F150 4X4 MAF 5.0L with E4OD has this ECM in it.

I've heard you can see what ECM you have by door sticker? Is this true? I know tranny code but is that it?

I've heard you can see what ECM you have by door sticker? Is this true? I know tranny code but is that it?
You could see what PCM was in it the day the worker slapped the sticker in the door jamb at the assembly plant.

To tell what what you actually have is 90% sure by looking at it out of the truck. I leave the other 10% because the stickers come off and some remanufactured ones are spray painted. I know not helpful.

Not sure how much they differ, but there is a “4low input” to the ECM, if I remember correctly. I have the pin-outs, but would need to get them out to make sure.

Does ECM matter between 4x4x and 2wd?
The EEC doesn't control anything about the 4WD, but it might have slightly different programming. I haven't looked at enough pickup EEC calibration codes to know if any are shared by 2WD & 4WD trucks.
That code is also used in Broncos (which are all 4WD).
I've heard you can see what ECM you have by door sticker? Is this true?
Sometimes, there's an additional EEC sticker in the door jamb. But it's not on the VC label with the VIN & TRANS code.

(click this text)

...there is a “4low input” to the ECM, if I remember correctly. I have the pin-outs, but would need to get them out to make sure.
Yes, they're shown in my previous post.

Last edited:
Another thought... I have my complete stock exhaust system in great shape or I have fabricated duals with long tube headers, flowmasters exiting out rear on my donor truck. Opinions on which way to go?

Back