Trying to decide what to do with what's left of my 95!

Well, I missed another 351w E4OD truck I am getting discouraged and thinking about selling off all the Lightning parts and go find a 67-71 Ford SWB driving truck, but I miss my Lightning!

Well, I missed another 351w E4OD truck I am getting discouraged and thinking about selling off all the Lightning parts and go find a 67-71 Ford SWB driving truck, but I miss my Lightning!
I can understand why, but dont sell it. You will regret it! Just keep looking, you know they are out there

Stick it out and the universe will provide. Comb through Facebook Marketplace everyday. It's tough work but it will happen if you are persistent.

So I found a set of reworked 302 GT40 3 bar heads. Are they the same as our Lightning heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I found a set of reworked 302 GT40 3 bar heads. Are they the same as our Lightning heads?

302 gt40s are not drilled for 1/2inch headbolts that a 351 uses. they can be drilled to fit a 351. I also believe the 302 ones are a tiny bump in compression compared to ours.

So I found a 96? 5.0 mas air truck for great price. Not sure what tranny comes in it but can it work?

That's a nice upgrade really. Obd2, mass air. So much more flexibility and tunability.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the transmission compatibility.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Guess I could run tranny that’s in it if I had to. Can I tell if OBD 2 if plug is under dash. Are there 95 mas air non obd2?

95 yes. 60 pin is OBD1. '96 102 pin is OBD2.

ECU pin count? Either one allows me to run different cam etc correct?

I'm pretty sure switching from OBD1 to OBD2 is going to be a nightmare.
Joe Toal used wiring from a obd2 in his 95 and it was a PITA....

I will use ALL of the wiring from donor truck basically swapping 302 for my L 351.

Right, you're in a different situation since you're starting from a shell.

So can you swap the square center steering wheel with other style and get cruise to work?

Last edited:
IMG_4238.jpg
IMG_4239.jpg
WeIMG_4240.jpg
LIMG_4246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpg
    IMG_4241.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4242.jpg
    IMG_4242.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 15
A donor truck has finally found! It’s a 95 with 302 MAS air,4R70w tranny not bad for $550.00! God is good! Also got another 4R70 and a E4OD!IMG_4252.jpg
IMG_4251.jpg
IMG_4250.jpg
IMG_4249.jpg
IMG_4248.jpg

The steering wheel is wrong for a '95 F150 - it should have an airbag. But it's easy to swap the whole column, or just the wheel & contacts for the airbag & clock spring.

The steering wheel is wrong for a '95 F150 - it should have an airbag. But it's easy to swap the whole column, or just the wheel & contacts for the airbag & clock spring.

So I can get cruise by swapping column and outside cruise module?

I'm not sure what you mean. If it has a cruise module already, there's no reason to swap. What truck are you trying to "get cruise" on? What parts are on it now? Post pics, including the wiring.

I'm not sure what you mean. If it has a cruise module already, there's no reason to swap. What truck are you trying to "get cruise" on? What parts are on it now? Post pics, including the wiring.
The red donor truck does not have cruise that I see but as mentioned above the steering wheel is not correct so wiring etc may be in there. I will look on outside tonight to see if I see any plugs in area cruise module would go. Has power windows and locks if that helps any also airbag beeper is going off when I turn key on. Folks I got it from had a shop put a tranny in it and used one out of a crown Vic with 3 bolt starter so I can't try to crank it up till I figure out what's up with 4R70W in bed that came out of it,

Back