Trying to decide what to do with what's left of my 95!

Side by side with 3" pipe.

Attachments

• 1f6717dfb6511a86257b4c41837665b6.jpg
    1f6717dfb6511a86257b4c41837665b6.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 40
  • 40c3df75715da6a8df0ce16934a5c091.jpg
    40c3df75715da6a8df0ce16934a5c091.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 39
'70s-80s exhaust systems were restrictive due to the recent EPA changes. But by the 90s, they were properly-engineered. An exhaust system is like a pipe-organ; it's tuned to the engine so that it scavenges the chambers. Simply increasing the size does NOT automatically make it "better" in any way. It certainly makes it heavier & $$$er.

The only thing I change on my trucks' exhausts is to weld a flange between the Y-pipe & muffler (like Ford did on the '96 Bronco ONLY, for some reason) and between the muffler & tailpipe so they're easier to R&R, seal better, and are easier to replace if needed. And since SS tailpipes aren't available new, I sometimes build my own.

Exhaust.jpg

Another thought... I have my complete stock exhaust system in great shape or I have fabricated duals with long tube headers, flowmasters exiting out rear on my donor truck. Opinions on which way to go?

Stock exhaust is pretty good for a stock exhaust. If you have any notions about upping the performance, the stock exhaust is restrictive as soon as you change anything meaningful.

Engine masters on motor trend probably tested every aspect of exhaust systems they could except for fitment issues. But it's like 8 episodes on just exhaust. These guys have been doing this forever and explain what they see on the dyno.

I built my exhaust around the idea of no more than 600hp. I haven't welded anything yet because its all coming out. New heads and on one end and stifflers may be in the way on the other. But the temp clamps have done ok for testing. Also I think my exhaust is a little too loud (not as loud as the roush with cats on my raptor).

Last edited:
Looks like rain may keep me from putting trans back in donor truck. Hoping to get it fired up and see how it runs.

I just noticed in For sale trucks a 93 with no fog lights no switch either? I though all L had fog Lights.

They all came from the factory with them, but that switch is made from gold plated unobtanium apparently, and the brackets for the lamps can be tough to come by after an accident. So, you'll see plenty of driven Gen 1s without the lamps in the valence. If someone has replaced the dash face and doesn't have functioning fog lamps, there's really no reason to go to the trouble of trying to carve out the spot for the switch.

Well I got my trans in and have rev but no fwd gears at all, like in N in any position sitting on jack stands it won't turn any in drive 2 or 1. Any ideas? I'm thinking valve body maybe?? Guys that went through it are great builders but they are puzzled on this one, Just my luck!

Seriously thinking a Tremec 5 speed

I so want to put a 6-speed MT in my '94, but I want to keep the center seat more.
My buddy has a 68 F100 with 393 and a 5 speed I drove it last weekend and love it. He has room on a bench seat for shifter too. Not sure how much longer 6 speed is.

Well I sprayed the rust converter on the frame and it was pretty useless waste of $60! Anyone know of some that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I sprayed the rust converter on the frame and it was pretty useless waste of $60! Anyone know of some that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you've found out there's no such thing!!! <-- I am going to sit back and wait for all the comments about magic fairy dust products that you just spray on and are done :)

Anyway, the right way to do it is remove the rust, sandblasting is one of the best ways and then use a good epoxy primer or have it powder coated (which can be cost prohibitive and a lot of work).

Water.

From a pressure-washer. A spray of dilute Dawn & Purple Power allowed to soak for a few minutes will help, but the water is doing all the work. Anything that doesn't come off after a few cycles of soap/spray/dry isn't coming off, and doesn't need to. When it's dry, undercoat it, let that dry a few days, & build the truck.

Update on tranny. I had alot of feedback saying it could be a valve body issue, so I had a known good one and swapped it but NO change at all in truck, still no fwd at all. Guess were swapping entire tranny next!

Anyone order a Marti report with door decal? I don't have a pic of mine so not sure how to get correct information on a new tag. They are asking for a pic.

My wife got mine last Christmas. She said they had her take a pic of the door tag. I think they just need the vin.

2nd tranny is in and working till I get to go 5 speed at a later date when I swap all this truck over to the Lightning frame. At least some progress is getting made LOL.

Are seat frames same as regular ext cab f150 with bucket seats and same center seat?

Back