Things are starting to come together

First I grabbed a junk yard pillar because I didn't want to mess up mine. Then I took the pods and got an idea of where it sat comfortable on the pillar. After I noticed there was going to be some trimming involved so I got my dremmel out and a marker to cut the excess. I cleaned them both really well and gorilla glued them together. I had to heat up a couple spots of the pods to make it fit nicely. I got some bondo and went to work making it smooth. I sanded it by hand paying careful attention to the flow of the curves. I then countersank the holes and threw some texture and painted it. I am satisfied with the results and honestly it didn't take long.

Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if Bondo or fiberglass was needed. It definitely turned out nice.

Thanks, yea no glass just bondo. I wouldn't hesitate to do something else in the future. It really wasn't bad and imho it was definitely worth it.

Don't make fun of me but I sprayed some of the paint into a tray and sprinkled some baking soda on it. I used a small roller to apply it. Of course it's rough but visually it's pretty close. No one will be touching it so I figured it wouldn't matter. I tried to find the spray texture but after riding around 4 hours looking for some I considered my options. I could have just been patient and ordered some off the internet but the progress had me itching to finish.

Got the shortblock out tonight, only issue was misjudging my length of chain :( Had to set it down, readjust and then it came right out. I hope to post before and after cleaning pics of the engine compartment.

Did some cleaning today, but my heart just wasn't in it.

Before, ugh

20150329_144746-1.jpg

After, tons to do, but it's coming off easy.

20150329_153234.jpg

20150329_153207.jpg

I need to pull all the trans and PS lines so I can get at the cross-member better. I also need to drain the water out of my AC pressure switch plug...

Last edited:
Thanks! I should have put more work in it today, but teenagers and their issues have a way of draining the energy out of you :)

At the same point as you, it kind of kills motivation when you've painted all that 3-4 years ago and the paint just flakes off

At the same point as you, it kind of kills motivation when you've painted all that 3-4 years ago and the paint just flakes off

I imagine! Once I get everything down to bare metal it's getting shot with black Epoxy primer. I think that should last a while.

Messing around with tablet mounting locations. Any of you guys use ProClips? I am thinking about using their system which would mount the tablet to the right of the radio and angle it towrds me at a 15* angle. Only thing slowing me down is the tablet holder is 49.99 and the mount is 29.99, but it's a cool setup and clips in to place. So no mounting scars or holes.

Looking at;

This http://www.proclipusa.com/tablet-ho...tilt-swivel-511579-19564.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

Plus this http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard...-mount-high-852196-12960.cmsv?p_leftorright=0

This is using a magnetic mount that fits in to the vent, but it feels too low.

20150407_212828_zpsd78mqjp5.JPG

Last edited:
Got the EEC-IV to Megasquirt engine connector built tonight. Tomorrow I hope to get the setup in the truck and test power, ground, sensors, etc before I hook it up to the Megasquirt. I still need to build the trans harness, but I have to get the Microsquirt controller first and like all things $$$ makes that wait :) I also need to make some wire strain relief setups for the harnesses as they come out of the EEC case.

20150408_213144aa.jpg

20150408_22583aa.jpg

Last edited:
Got it all in the truck and tested all the connections. Everything looked solid so I put a battery in it and keyed it on. Megasquirt came up and I connected to it via Bluetooth, ACT, ECT, TPS, VREF (5v reference), MAP all look solid. Now I just have to wire up the Microsquirt trans controller. After that and some stereo stuff the inside of the truck is DONE!!! Yay, now I just need to spend some money and get my garage going so the motor can go in. I am really ready to be done with electronics, time to get dirty :p

Finally get to post an update and a non-electric subject :) Intake elbow and throttle body, just gotta get my heads ordered and I can start mocking stuff up.

Also, Aaron at 6061.com is awesome to deal with!

FAAB34A5-4909-4E2D-B8E3-9E2EABE38B04_zpst12n10vx.JPG

Last edited:
Back