Things are starting to come together

Heh, wiring doesn't bother me too much, but those connectors were a beat down. Anyway that part is done, hopefully I can start posting pics of the finished interior soon. And then I have some goodies coming in the mail as soon as they are back in stock, so pics of the engine assembly wont be too far away I hope :p

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-52616601-c03

Thank you! I just realized the springs those heads come with are only good to .600 lift. Looking over TEA's website now.

Spoke with Gregg at TEA he said the new 11R 205 springs are good to .660 lift, which is weird because TFS's website lists them at .600. I think I need to call and confirm, but he also said they could set them up a bit tighter (shim??) for boost. At any rate even though Summit has free shipping I think I'll go with TEA.

Those are the same heads I have on my 427 but I'm not sure about the springs that Ford Strokers had put on them.

Those are the same heads I have on my 427 but I'm not sure about the springs that Ford Strokers had put on them.

Hi Jamie, yeah it looks like FS uses TEA so maybe they are simply upgrading them? Or maybe TFS has since changed the spring?? I'll make sure I call TEA when I order and double check. This is the hydraulic roller cam I was talking about a few weeks ago so I've been a little nervous about the spring specs. Oh I meant to ask, what do you guys think about the titanium retainer upgrade? What's another 125.00 at this point lol.

Dur. @ .050 int. 246 exh. 252

Lift with 1.6 .656 .600

Lobe sep. 115

Int. c/l 112

Mine is a bit different

Dur @ .050" int 248 exh 260

Lift with 1.6 .588" exh .588"

Lobe sep. 112

Int c/l 108

Interesting, Danny at Cam Motion worked mine up. I did tell him I was running an aftermarket EFI and E85.

Made some progress on the interior.

20150314_131438_zpsnqnwhwsd.JPG

20150314_132553_zps68ondpiq.JPG

20150315_192851_zpskh5ueiks.JPG

Last edited:
Installed a new head unit today and finished running speaker and amp wiring. Also got the A-pillar gauge pod painted and and put new door striker bushings in, man it sounds solid now.

The LMR interior paint listed for the 94-95 Lightning came labeled as Mustang Opal, not sure if it's the same as the 95 truck and mine is just aged or not, but it's pretty close. Figured I'll paint the other trim pieces as well so everything will match. If I get brave I might try the plastic on the door panels someday.

20150319_184042.jpg

Last edited:
How long till she is running?

Man that's a good question. I still need to order heads (only big expenditure left), rockers, lifters, etc. My main problem is that I am also in the process of converting my garage back to a garage since the previous owner made it a studio. I don't want to do any engine assembly until I have a nice clean place to do so. That's why I have been piddling around with interior and wiring stuff.

Really long way of saying I **hope** to have it going by the end of Summer :)

Back