Things are starting to come together

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
Finally getting some work done to the truck.

Test fitting the latest goody under the seat (waiting for Fatmat and new carpet). I'll test your zoom skills to tell me what it is :)

20140813_161044565_iOS.jpg

20140804_001317495_iOS.jpg

Totally stole Ed's awesome idea for a bulkhead connector

20140814_002955951_iOS.jpg

Another test fit, so much cleaning to do in the engine compartment and that Ford sealer is nasty!

20140814_003105902_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Megasquirt engine management system ! I tested my zoom skills and they work ! I get increasingly more interested in these aftermarket engine management systems rather than fuss with the old computer that came with the trucks !!

Scott

Where did you pick up that mil-spec connector?

They are Delphi HES connectors from Waytek (http://www.waytekwire.com/products?pSearch=Delphi HES), only problem is they want to sell you BIG$$$$ terminal crimpers, I found some on Ebay that do the trick http://goo.gl/HTZGPg They crimp the connector to the stripped portion of the wire fine, but you'll need to use another regular crimper (like for a butt connector) or small pliers to roll the 2nd part of the terminal around the insulated portion of wire.

Last edited:
Megasquirt engine management system ! I tested my zoom skills and they work ! I get increasingly more interested in these aftermarket engine management systems rather than fuss with the old computer that came with the trucks !!

Scott

Haha, you win :) Before I took a "break" from Lightning's I was such a firm believer in just tuning the factory EEC no matter what, but now there's just so much awesome technology available.

Got a bit more done today, but first, OMG hot!!

16c9094d-a23c-416a-a11a-53d5697e5fb1.PNG

Before:

20140815_183616098_iOS.jpg

After:

20140815_224147318_iOS.jpg

Bought 100 sq/ft of Fatmat "Rattletrap" their heavy duty stuff http://amzn.to/2u8Ac9r, only used one full roll and just a couple of pieces of the 2nd roll and I was far from stingy. Debating on doing the top of the cab.

Last edited:
Went ahead and did the roof, putting the visors back made me say bad words... Lots of them.

20140818_005854348_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Installed Fatmat on the doors and I am test fitting some of the stereo stuff. Not sure if I like where the Tweeter is, I might just ditch the component speakers and go with a 2 way 6.5" and be done. There's no way I am hacking up door panels or pillars...

Pass door, I figured Ford had a good reason for the venting in the lower right part of the door so I am not gonna cover it up.

20140820_232904636_iOS.jpg

Pass side Tweeter, like I said I dunno about it. Looks bigger in the pics. The Tweeter bracket has the trim screw going through the center of it to hold it together. Only one screw in for now that's why the trim looks saggy.

20140821_172112308_iOS.jpg

20140821_172034018_iOS.jpg

Found an awesome place behind pass side kick panel to mount the crossover. As a bonus I simply used an existing bolt, no new holes drilled!!!

20140821_173150461_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
I have thought about going with the component system vs the 2 or 3 way speaker, but I have never had a system with the component set up. What is the difference in sound?

I've never had component speakers in the truck, but in other vehicles it did sound better to me. But like a lot of things "sound quality" can be very, very subjective. My reasoning at present is that I already have this gear :) I am robbing a bunch of my Mustang goodies to go in the truck.

Pretty awesome Raymond. I did The same thing a few years ago except i took it one step further. I stripped The entire firewall And did The firewall too :scared:
Never again,lol.

Pretty awesome Raymond. I did The same thing a few years ago except i took it one step further. I stripped The entire firewall And did The firewall too :scared:
Never again,lol.

OMG! I could never envision stripping it down that far. Wow, kudos to you!

Torn down, almost ready to pull the cam. SO MUCH CLEANING TO DO...

B29FEBD0-8B5A-48EE-91E4-7B1C70897C7D_zpsbyzxjgja.jpg~original

Last edited:
Back