PiMP and 60lbs Upgrade

Quick pic of the TiAL vs Turbonetics. The Godzilla is old but really well made. The QR is quiet. TiAL uses a 2” inlet and Godzilla is setup for a 1.5” but with the with the Vibrant flange adapter will share the same 2” inlet. IMG_3210.jpeg

While working on all the intercooler stuff been driving without the belt on the Vortech. I’ll probably run it through the gears with a data log while I have the opportunity. Would be nice to see it on paper all things being equal minus the blower.

Intercooler done, 40 mile drive and MAT sticks at 136* hasn’t gone higher than 148* so far. It’s in the 100s here. I averaged 160* before. Airbox and intake came out nice. All that’s left is to clean up the pipes and brush or powder coat them. IMG_3248.jpeg

Very cool, I really like the airbox setup and yeah these past few weeks are perfect intercooler testing weather :)

Very cool, I really like the airbox setup and yeah these past few weeks are perfect intercooler testing weather :)
I’ve been looking to do a ABS plastic box for a long time, finally settled on that Airaid. The inlet is too small and on the wrong side so some cutting/patching required. Also it’s a 4.325” filter inlet, and a 5” filter. Why they settled on 4.325” is beyond me.

Working on an auto tensioner and think I’ll have it bolted down this weekend. Found this plaque and thought it would look good on the airbox.

IMG_3323.jpeg

I made a piece out of 1/4 Aluminum to test fit and I think I could do 1/2 if the bracket was milled to the body of the tensioner. Or maybe I could get away with 1/4 stainless? It works but I think it could be better.

IMG_3327.jpeg

I wouldn't think the aluminum on just that small area of the tensioner bracket would flex much. Be more worried about the bracket.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

i think the tensioner is supposed to be on the low tension (slack side) of the belt. you have it on the high tension side. i'm not trying to be a wise-guy, but that's the way i was taught in my machine design class in college many moons ago. maybe i've missed something in the last 40 years or so? simply trying to possibly help a little.

i think the tensioner is supposed to be on the low tension (slack side) of the belt. you have it on the high tension side. i'm not trying to be a wise-guy, but that's the way i was taught in my machine design class in college many moons ago. maybe i've missed something in the last 40 years or so? simply trying to possibly help a little.
You mean flip it to the other side because of belt direction would be better? I chose that side because it was easier didn’t put much thought into anything else.

in the photo, tensioner needs to be inboard applying force to the green surface (visible in the photo) of the low tension span of belt (belt span on side where 2 allen head bolts are located above/below each other). engine rotation drives the blower and tightens the span of belt you are currently on, making it high tension.

in the photo, tensioner needs to be inboard applying force to the green surface (visible in the photo) of the low tension span of belt (belt span on side where 2 allen head bolts are located above/below each other). engine rotation drives the blower and tightens the span of belt you are currently on, making it high tension.
Thanks for the input! I flipped the bracket and put it on the other side, I think I see a difference in the action caused by pulley rotation and belt “flexing” is negated this way. Unfortunately my water pump bolts are super close so now I’m looking for some low profile heads.

Thanks for the input! I flipped the bracket and put it on the other side, I think I see a difference in the action caused by pulley rotation and belt “flexing” is negated this way. Unfortunately my water pump bolts are super close so now I’m looking for some low profile heads.

Any chance you can take a wider angle shot? I'd like to noodle on placement :)

Back