PiMP and 60lbs Upgrade

Any chance you can take a wider angle shot? I'd like to noodle on placement :)
I will next time, what are you thinking placement wise?

My manual tensioner has been a champ at my level(12lbs). But lilboss82 has that sweet bracket setup so i wanted to try an easy version to get around the water pump bolts/belt clearance.

I will next time, what are you thinking placement wise?

My manual tensioner has been a champ at my level(12lbs). But lilboss82 has that sweet bracket setup so i wanted to try an easy version to get around the water pump bolts/belt clearance.

Just wanted to see, nothing specific in mind.

I put a video over on Insta, shows the behavior while the engine is running. It’s in-line with what Bob said I think. My guess is if I ran it up above 4000rpm it would slip on that side since it looses tension or does the opposite of what I want.

do a search on youtube for vid entitled "Procharger 101: How to Choose and Tension Your Belt". vid covers belts and tensioners very well. link in my previous post became unavailable for some reason.

Whew! Been driving the truck and I can’t really complain about anything. I’ve almost got the 3rd gear lockup exactly like I want it. After 60 mph / 3300rpm does the trick. I’m a little concerned about leaving it on extended drives, but most of my drive is in O/D anyway.

I’ve been chasing down wheels and decided I just want to widen my rear wheels to 10 or 11”. I’m not against wheel tubs since the PO took a BFH to the rear wheel wells already. I read like 50 posts going back to 2002 on rear wheels spacing, spacers longer studs and I’m just going to keep it simple. We will see how far out Weldcraft is this week.

Shooting for 10” wide 5.5” bs, unless someone here has any input. Like I said I’ll do some cutting back there if I have to.

And @Raymond_B my wife hates the Bogarts. So it is what it is. Lol

IMG_3424.jpeg
Car show on Saturday.

Last edited:
The down side for widening the stockers (which had been my plan for a long time) is the extremely limited tire option. Tires were the major reason I ended up with the 20 inch Gen 2 replicas on the truck.

The down side for widening the stockers (which had been my plan for a long time) is the extremely limited tire option. Tires were the major reason I ended up with the 20 inch Gen 2 replicas on the truck.
My thoughts with 10” is I could still run 275/60s in the future. But could pin on ET SR 315/55s.

Selection is pretty lame, but I think having the 10” wide opens it up to more options than 8”.

Weldcraft is on a 3 week turn around so I think I’ll just go for it. Most likely order two from LMR and just bounce them in the box up to Weldcraft.

Weldcraft is on a 3 week turn around so I think I’ll just go for it. Most likely order two from LMR and just bounce them in the box up to Weldcraft.

That's exactly how I would do it, leave the OEM's alone and have aftermarket's widended

Our weather has cooled off significantly so I had the opportunity to log some more data post intercooler. I ran a 3rd gear passing pull up to 9lbs and the MAT sat comfortably at 120. So that is cool ;) if you remember it was hitting high 190s before. I ran a 5” inlet to the airbox right in front of the headlight I think is pulling outside air. I have a crazy idea to snorkel the inlet down through the wheel well into the bumper area I might try.

Is anyone running air temp probes in the airbox, pre/post intercooler for anything besides monitoring? Using the data for tuning at all?

IMG_3670.pngI made it through summer, traffic, car cruises and a poker run. The only issue I had was my PSOM indeed failed, and it was the capacitors. Went through and cleaned inspected everything while I had the dash apart. The PSOM repair was a quick one day turn around. I’ve only had the truck out once so time will tell but the repairs looked well done.

It was a good summer, looking forward to the LMR show.

Whew! Been driving the truck and I can’t really complain about anything. I’ve almost got the 3rd gear lockup exactly like I want it. After 60 mph / 3300rpm does the trick. I’m a little concerned about leaving it on extended drives, but most of my drive is in O/D anyway.

I’ve been chasing down wheels and decided I just want to widen my rear wheels to 10 or 11”. I’m not against wheel tubs since the PO took a BFH to the rear wheel wells already. I read like 50 posts going back to 2002 on rear wheels spacing, spacers longer studs and I’m just going to keep it simple. We will see how far out Weldcraft is this week.

Shooting for 10” wide 5.5” bs, unless someone here has any input. Like I said I’ll do some cutting back there if I have to.

And @Raymond_B my wife hates the Bogarts. So it is what it is. Lol

View attachment 104409
Car show on Saturday.

Not sure what you decided on you wheel options, but to sway you a bit more… this is 10” wide with 1.5” spacer and it fits perfect with the Nitto 305/45/17 drag radial. This is with a Bell Tech 3/4 drop.

I agree the tire choices are very limited… especially at my ride height. I even called Nitto to see if they’ve ever thought about making the 205/45/17 in their normal street tire, but was quickly shutdown there.

I also will be at the LMR event next month so maybe we can meetup. I don’t understand why LMR hasn’t released a 10-11” version of the replica wheels yet. Seems like it would have enough demand to warrant at least a small production run.

a7382fcc8601fe4adf61d16a06f53868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5bad4d5c206f9b8ce60dda7196d3bc8e.jpg

I looked at having the stock 17" rim into a 20" ring. The only custom wheel place I could find then said they could do that or just cut a new replica in any size I wanted. $3500 per wheel changed my mind quick.

Not sure what you decided on you wheel options, but to sway you a bit more… this is 10” wide with 1.5” spacer and it fits perfect with the Nitto 305/45/17 drag radial. This is with a Bell Tech 3/4 drop.

I agree the tire choices are very limited… especially at my ride height. I even called Nitto to see if they’ve ever thought about making the 205/45/17 in their normal street tire, but was quickly shutdown there.

I also will be at the LMR event next month so maybe we can meetup. I don’t understand why LMR hasn’t released a 10-11” version of the replica wheels yet. Seems like it would have enough demand to warrant at least a small production run.

a7382fcc8601fe4adf61d16a06f53868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5bad4d5c206f9b8ce60dda7196d3bc8e.jpg
Planning on widening those like you did only my goal is to stick a 315/55-17 under there. Unfortunately those sticky mickys won’t last long for daily commutes. So I went with the 20s for daily use with the Nittos while I get everything together.

Your truck looks good!

Tossed on a pair of QA1 TS516 single adjustable shocks up front to match my rear QA1s. The feel on the road is good, and the front is working with the rear now. The truck can pull noticeably harder out of the hole. Kinda feels like it hops forward.

Ran a bypass style tube from my Godzilla into the air inlet to cut down on noise. It still has a bit of a whistle but doesn’t sound bad.

LMR show in Fort Worth is coming up fast!

IMG_3779.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

Was doing aluminum fab and welding bungs, cleaning stuff up so I decided to open up the bypass to 2” and use the TurboSmart Big Bubba. That thing is a nice piece. Much happier with the sound or lack thereof really. Even with the Tial and Turbonetics bypassed into the air box they were noisey to me.

IMG_4014.jpeg

I’d venture to say the quality of your bypass significantly changes your tune. In my case throttle response feels better when that bypass is slamming shut just before 100 kPa, if that makes sense.

Back