Things are starting to come together

One thing to keep in mind is that you do have to get the oil out of those things and back into the pan...

Yes! And I am so mad at myself for not having bungs installed when I ordered the pan!!! I've been looking at these from Maven as I don't want the turbos just hanging off the headers.

Yes! And I am so mad at myself for not having bungs installed when I ordered the pan!!! I've been looking at these from Maven as I don't want the turbos just hanging off the headers.

I have a couple of those... Will be using them to mount turbos when I get to fabricating.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

After chasing down more prices, having a health scare, and coming to the realization that I am not equipped (shop-wise) to build my own headers I found these. It'll be close on the passenger side, but I *think* they will fit. If not they will be for sale LOL. Now just to have to wait, I also had them add EGT bungs as the MS will allow me to do individual cylinder trims if I choose to.

After chasing down more prices, having a health scare, and coming to the realization that I am not equipped (shop-wise) to build my own headers I found these. It'll be close on the passenger side, but I *think* they will fit. If not they will be for sale LOL. Now just to have to wait, I also had them add EGT bungs as the MS will allow me to do individual cylinder trims if I choose to.

Think I posted a link to these a while back on your thread. Those look like really good quality. I thought about getting a set from them at one point also.

Think I posted a link to these a while back on your thread. Those look like really good quality. I thought about getting a set from them at one point also.

I missed that! Can't wait until they come in.

Wow, these things are nice!!! Moment of truth on fitment soon!

07483dc4ee05c3361e8fad4e8e3b8cc3.jpg

d04746ab5f32477adb238feb6eaa8380.jpg

This looks promising and they are gonna work out I believe. I was going to lose the power steering anyway so no big deal there. Will need to do some thinking on the alt placement. I **might** be able to use the F-150 bracketry, we'll see. This will definitely make the downpipes easier to plumb being so much lower than before.

20230928_220040271_iOS.jpg

20230928_220049917_iOS.jpg

20230928_220105371_iOS.jpg

20230928_220114577_iOS.jpg

Could cut that driver side shorter and put a 45 or something close to that first primary for clearance. That would be easy welding.

Could cut that driver side shorter and put a 45 or something close to that first primary for clearance. That would be easy welding.

I like where it is positioned, I've always planned on ditching the belt driven PS anyway. I see what you are saying about routing it out to go around the PS, but it seems like it would just cook the PS pump down there.

People came over and ruined my garage time :) Anyway, put the stock bracketry back on to see how it would fit. I might try to snake the DS piping through the spot where the PS pump would be, but I think it'll put the piping too far forward and closer to the fans than I would like (will look at a tighter bend). I might just find another AC/PS bracket and cut the PS part off. Or I can ditch everything and use a Fox high mount alt bracket, but will need to figure out an AC compressor bracket. Pass side seems to clear with the smog pump eliminator pulley off. Anyway will go out and tinker more tomorrow.

Or I might just use a Fox body high mount alt bracket and the LMR 351w Fox AC bracket. I'll need a new alt and compressor, and I'll have to swap to a Fox timing cover water pump. Lot's to think about.

20230930_220728838_iOS.jpg
20230930_220738816_iOS.jpg
20230930_220748422_iOS.jpg
20230930_220902124_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
I still say cut the header right after where the primary comes into the main pipe. That way you can shorten it to gain clearance. Should just be one weld joint to do. If you are going to run a remote power steering then you could just cut the existing bracket to gain the clearance needed to put your elbow there.

Back