Things are starting to come together

Playing around with pass side and 90 deg vs 45 deg elbow. Need to cut the header flanges as the header is not flat against the head, but this gives me some ideas to work with.

I like the 45* bend, but it puts it awfully close to the rad hose. I mean I’ll def need to run a different hose, maybe go back to the stock one so it gives more room.

b519a82ad972fc2f04c3d10dc9b8ffeb.jpg

05f3af75e57807bb832e0d7b4b76bc33.jpg

e8398fd897a0eee325a5673bdbccfc04.jpg

6b5f72e7979543ff19cc46ccd3b53eb8.jpg

ca40669da2f67e7bf8c62f4376dd0d3f.jpg

Hard to tell, but did a bit of re-positioning on the driver's side to make room for the exhaust side. Pretty sure the turbos I am getting are 3.5" out. Been talking with Bill Devine and the Bullseye seem to be the best quality and price combo. He also came recommended by Rob Parsons.

https://bullseyepower.com/product/63mm-bw-series-small-frame/ These are a T4 open flange 80x74 wheel and .88 A/R

SB6280T4 is the part#

20230721_223839571_iOS.jpg

20230721_224036205_iOS.jpg

I look at the elbows with the wastegate tap, but I didn't want that kind of flow interruption into the turbine. If it came off the side of the elbow, that would be more "interesting" to me, but that cut right in the turn into the turbine? Eh.

I look at the elbows with the wastegate tap, but I didn't want that kind of flow interruption into the turbine. If it came off the side of the elbow, that would be more "interesting" to me, but that cut right in the turn into the turbine? Eh.

I think I am going to try it on the elbow right off the header. That way I think the angle can stay good and the tube can follow the downpipe.

from the photo, either off the first elbow running the gate towards center and down, can weld that first vband solid instead of having another joint and would make plenty of room for a merge, or the second elbow favoring more off the bottom than the "front" looks like there is room. Gate doesn't have to be touching the hotside, can run a small pipe to get the angles and fitment right without any issue.

from the photo, either off the first elbow running the gate towards center and down, can weld that first vband solid instead of having another joint and would make plenty of room for a merge, or the second elbow favoring more off the bottom than the "front" looks like there is room. Gate doesn't have to be touching the hotside, can run a small pipe to get the angles and fitment right without any issue.

Thanks for that, I was going to ask if I could extend it.

I'm sure there is a limitation to not make them ridiculous but this the manifold I built for my 2jz and I have good wastegate control still.
60b8d8dfa090e8150f6d425dfc164626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I'm sure there is a limitation to not make them ridiculous but this the manifold I built for my 2jz and I have good wastegate control still.
60b8d8dfa090e8150f6d425dfc164626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Very cool, I like that fixture you made too!

It stinks because I feel like you’d have an easier time if you had headers that were down and forward. You’d be able to come to the turbo instead of it being so tight.

It stinks because I feel like you’d have an easier time if you had headers that were down and forward. You’d be able to come to the turbo instead of it being so tight.

I hear ya, and if I was a good fabricator I could probably get it all perfect, but right now it's pretty darn good and I honestly do not think the wastegates are gonna be a problem. I am going to come down off the 45 deg elbows and then run the WG dump parallel to the main downpipe back aways and then merge them.

At least that's the plan :)

We’ll, you could say there’s no going back now… Jamie is gonna develop a nervous twitch LOL cause they are not symmetric, but I am sure I can get both sides close with some reclocking and inner fender well massaging. Waste gates will be here tomorrow so I can start messing with downpipes.

bfed2e0bdb3bcafb949ddf86742bbbe5.jpg

eb70e3962d8c6c5aa21ef125c88c6d05.jpg

1675e5195721b824b0c59d4540bc6e92.jpg

Sweet. One day I may have time again. This week the 2 ton minisplit hasn't been cutting it in the garage.

Back