New Project!

Air shifter upgrade
3d03d8ba54756314049f4c6632367c98.jpg

I've always been impressed with how long those little c02 bottles last. One of the cars I built for a friend uses c02 for boost control (not shifter) and he goes a whole season on a single bottle and races it quite often.

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the electronic waste gates and what you can do with them. No more guessing the boost by the amount of pressure on the dome.

Ray, does your seat have a cutout for the anti-submarine (crotch) strap? I can't tell from the picture. NHRA rules can be sticky when you get into that 8.50 range, and non-OEM seats are supposed to have the crotch strap through the seat.

That looks like an FX1, which their website says does have the slot.

Ray, does your seat have a cutout for the anti-submarine (crotch) strap? I can't tell from the picture. NHRA rules can be sticky when you get into that 8.50 range, and non-OEM seats are supposed to have the crotch strap through the seat.

That looks like an FX1, which their website says does have the slot.
Good eye, that's an FX1W that I plan on using until I get the 8.50 cage done then I am going use Kirkey containment seats. I just need something to sit my fat butt on until then :) Although I probably should have picked up the regular FX1 as this sucker is seriously wide, so much so that mounting it to the stock seat pan hits the door bar and keeps the seat from being centered. I am going to try one of Corbeau's brackets to see if it sits the seat a bit lower in hopes that the thigh bolster will go under the door bar.

Spent this really nice weekend getting a containment seat installed, not near as comfy (or easy to get in) as the Corbeau, but I am just too paranoid about my big head smacking the roll bar/cage if I were in an accident while not wearing a helmet. Anyway this was a measure 10 times drill once kinda deal, really happy with the height and leg room. I'll do the passenger side later, but it will not be near as hard now that I've done it once. Also need to do the harness, but that's for another day.

Ended up using a Kirkey 81 Series Containment 18.5" (fat ass) seat with their mounts which has plenty of room. I've also got the rear mount which I'll use when the cage goes in.

20240310_232145291_iOS.jpg

20240310_225056533_iOS.jpg

20240310_232215565_iOS.jpg

Back