New Project!

Raymond_B

Administrator
I Support the NLOC
My twin turbo motor has found a new home :) I am buying Jamie's red truck and will be changing things around some between the two trucks. The truck below will be getting the TT 427w while the black truck is going to get a bit more tame naturally aspirated motor. This really makes a lot more sense for me, because if I ever wanted to take the black truck to the track or an event (like drag and drive) I'd really have to update it safety-wise which means cutting it up. Even though I've done all kinds of stuff to the black truck *all* of it has been bolt on. No frame notching, holes drilled, etc, etc.

So this thread will be my build journey for the "red truck". Like I mentioned it will get the Dart based 427 with twin turbos, all the Shearer Fab stuff, etc, but I will use the C-6 that comes with it. I need to decide what I want to do fuel injection wise as the black truck will keep the Megasquirt, but I will make that decision as I have time to think it all through.

20240110_220830833_iOS.jpg

20240112_001057382_iOS.jpg

Very nice. Nothing wrong with having a more race oriented truck. Easier to fab stuff on that one as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What are your plans? You going to run an 8.50 class?

1st thing is to get my motor in it and get it running. From there I dunno, probably a drag n drive event or two. Sick Week has a "Heavy Metal" class and RMRW has a class too that the truck would work in, but I can't remember the name, maybe Pro Street. At some point I will probably have an 8.50 cert capable cage put in it, but again main goal right now is to get it all up and wired, running, and tuned.

My twin turbo motor has found a new home :) I am buying Jamie's red truck and will be changing things around some between the two trucks. The truck below will be getting the TT 427w while the black truck is going to get a bit more tame naturally aspirated motor. This really makes a lot more sense for me, because if I ever wanted to take the black truck to the track or an event (like drag and drive) I'd really have to update it safety-wise which means cutting it up. Even though I've done all kinds of stuff to the black truck *all* of it has been bolt on. No frame notching, holes drilled, etc, etc.

So this thread will be my build journey for the "red truck". Like I mentioned it will get the Dart based 427 with twin turbos, all the Shearer Fab stuff, etc, but I will use the C-6 that comes with it. I need to decide what I want to do fuel injection wise as the black truck will keep the Megasquirt, but I will make that decision as I have time to think it all through.

View attachment 104743

View attachment 104744
What bed cover is that? I love the truck and look forward to following the build!

Back