***Group buy on JDM Headers/Highflows*** If interested, reply here.

Re: haha

Tallimeca said:
That's funny because there is a 3 page post going on about which is the better choice. I've seen JDM's dyno numbers on their header and high flow setup on a few trucks. No one has been able to show any dyno charts or actual gains on the dynatech or the product LFP is offering. JDM stigma??? Maybe. Show me some numbers;)

I guess you can choose how to decipher it anyway you want, I didn't get that as the general consensus.;w

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, Tallimeca. I would be interested in Kooks or Dynatech, which ever is going to be the cheapest....

sorry

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, Tallimeca. I would be interested in Kooks or Dynatech, which ever is going to be the cheapest....

I don't know what dynatech dealers are offering. This is set up for the JDM/Kooks. A couple of people had mentioned dynatech gp's maybe someone should get the ball rolling on one. Not saying there is anythign wrong with them, but no one has been able to show me any gains so i'm sticking with what i wanted int he first place.........Kooks.

if this was about JDM catback, I'd be interested, but otherwise no :-(

:confused: The post does say Headers and Highflows doesn't it.............??????????????

again

anyone who is ready to buy......email me. tallimeca@aol.com.

I'll have prices probably this week. I've recieved a few emails of all ins. Like I said, the setups regularly are around 1300 from JDM, so it's gonna be less. How much depends on how many people are all in.

my screename and email are difrent

the question i have is are the headers coated?

either way i am still in

(lightninquick)

yes

i believe they did offer them coated and uncoated. They do use the jet hot coating. My father got them that way. Like I said, please direct questions to the folks @ JDM, I don't wanna give the wrong info.

info

This was taken from another post for what it's worth. It may answer some questions that people are emailing me about.

Kooks headers I believe are made out of 409 stainless steel, so there is no real need to have "a jet coating", the money spent to do this is no real return on performance just looks and only temporary. When the 409 stainless steel is exposed to heat it will not develop a rust film.

Dynatech is made of 304 SS and is "jet coated" . 304 SS exposed to heat uncoated will tend to appear to have a rust film on it after a period of time (won't take long).

"jet coating" " JC", they use I believe a 4% silver content in their material which wears off over time. Yes JC warranty's their coating for life (for the person who orginally bought them). IF "jet coat" warranties it, YOU must take it off the truck, YOU pay to ship it to them and 1-2 weeks later you get them back.

maybe

Are the Step headers with 3" collector going to be available in this GP?

There is a price difference obviously, but i'm sure JDM would be willing to accomodate. There has been some harley guys that are interested, and some guys that are interested in the whole systemn, not just the headers and highflows. This is what i'm hoping to discuss with them tomorrow. I wanted to put this out there to see who would be interested and there has a been a tremendus amount of posts and emails to myself of definites and possiblilities based on price. Obviously they weren't gonna bother for just 3 people. I'm hoping to have everything set tomorrow. As soon as I hear from them, I'll post.

We came up with pricing and details..........
We would Like Don/Tallimeca to present the offer since he started this group purchase.
DON I tried calling you back and left you a message approx. 6:00
Call me ASAP
I will be in tomorow 9-6
:tu:

ok guys, here it is

Just got off the phone with Jim and here is the pricing.

JDM Long Tube Headers, Stainless Steel midpipes, highflow cats (new style) o2 extender harnesses, Gaskets, and hardware for the GEN2 Lightnings.....

Regular $1435 plus shipping

Group purchase price $1090 plus shipping.

Thats a pretty good savings!!! Thanks to Jim , Anthony, and all the folks at JDM for giving us this offer.

Now, if you have a Harley, the price is a bit higher, so please speak with JDM about that.

If you wish to buy the complete system, again, speak to JDM, but I imagine it would be the above price plus the regular retail of the cat back.

**Also, they are awaiting a shipment of highflows, i'm not sure what the eta is on them but it could be a week or two, just so everyone knows. If you are interested, please email me with your Full name, Email and Telephone number tallimeca@aol.com. I'll keep this going till the next week, so if you're interested, jump on it!!!

All in
1)Tallimeca
2)Probie
3)NJLightning01
4)Highlander
5)Eluzion
6)00blackbolt
7)J. Lenner
8)Lightitup
****Updated 7/28 5:49p.m.

Last edited:
Re: ok guys, here it is

Tallimeca said:

Regular $1435 plus shipping
Group purchase price $1090 plus shipping.

Thats a pretty good savings!!! Thanks to Jim , Anthony, and all the folks at JDM for giving us this offer.

I gotta ask, which one of you is smoking the reef?
From TeamJDM.com
JDM/Kooks Long Tube Headers are now available. They are made of stainless steel, have 1 5/8" individual flange tubes and slip on collectors (2 1/2"), making installation much easier tha a conventional one piece header. There is no need to drop the K-member or raise the engine. This saves hours off the installation time. All necessary hardware and gaskets are included.
Lightning, '99-'04

Harley, '99-'03
$ 895

LHX-LTH01 30 lbs

Our H-Pipe with Cats are designed to be used with our Long Tube Headers. Combined with our headers, you will see about 25-30 horsepower through the mid-range and 30-40 lbs-ft torque.

Lightning, '99-'04
$ 395

LX-HCS01 30 lbs
Harley, '99-'03
$ 395

HX-HCS01 30 lbs

By my calculations:
+895.00
= 1290.00 plus w/e shipping charges
And that was the price I was quoted only a few months ago as well...

With that said, why in the hell would their midpipes be different?
I'm not taking a stab, im just seriously concerned with so called awesome deal? And the actual price, (which is what most people should be concerned with) is awesome
:db:

???

All I can tell you is this:

I was told that the midpipe assemblies for the harley trucks were more money than the lighning. Are they different......I honestly couldn't tell you

I was told that the regular price of the setup with the everything was $1435 total. This may be because the pipes now are all stainless steel, which they weren't before. They are also using a different highflow cat than before. So, maybe their prices on their site are not yet updated??? It says all the necessary hardware is included but it doesn't say the O2 extenders are, which i think is like 50 dollars? I really can't answer your question.

With that being said, even so, it would still be saving $200 dollars. Who wouldn't want to save $200. I think the answer may be their prices have increased. I know steel has increased drastically (because I own a hardware store)........ but I'm sure they will post the answer.

by the way

I gotta ask, which one of you is smoking the reef?

I'm not taking a stab, im just seriously concerned with so called awesome deal? And the actual price, (which is what most people should be concerned with) is awesome

Contraditory statements:tu:

With that said, why in the hell would their midpipes be different?

I don't know, maybe because the harley is an extended cab and the lightning is not??? Is the added exhaust length on the catback section or the midpipes???

Back