#439 build thread

Completely stock engine except for underdives and 1.7 roller rockers… and a 64mm single turbo on about 7psi at the moment.

3/4 lowered suspension with Caltracs and some Nitto drag radials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stock ECU?

After 2 trips to Mirror Finish Polishing I finally have my widened wheels back! Time to see if this fresh Nitto meat will help with my lack a traction issues!

I know it will most likely be asked… BellTech 3/4 drop, 255/50/17 front, 305/45/17 rear, factory rear spring pack without the slapper bar.

f04bbd9db1809025c68dcc74d85a53e8.jpg

2df6258661b48b5c49fd9095a559cbc3.jpg

afef6ffa1cc64f45bacbdc0dd8e7fc5b.jpg

I really like that extra meat.

Completely stock engine except for underdives and 1.7 roller rockers… and a 64mm single turbo on about 7psi at the moment.

3/4 lowered suspension with Caltracs and some Nitto drag radials.

That's actually really good honestly. My stock motor with powerdyne on similar boost went 8.7's at best. I bet would go 7's if you can leave on more power. And get that 60' down in the 1.7x range.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

That's actually really good honestly. My stock motor with powerdyne on similar boost went 8.7's at best. I bet would go 7's if you can leave on more power. And get that 60' down in the 1.7x range.

Yeah it still stock trans and converter… a converter would for sure help. I’ll go with something a bit better once I decide to do a trans rebuild. Thinking A1 is in my future!

Yeah it still stock trans and converter… a converter would for sure help. I’ll go with something a bit better once I decide to do a trans rebuild. Thinking A1 is in my future!

Can't go wrong with an A1 trans. Are you able to leave on any boost right now?

No… I can only stall to about 1800rpm before it starts pushing through the brakes. Almost red lit because of it once last night. Log shows about -4.5” vacuum at 1800rpm. I still have more fine tuning on the truck and my starting line routine needs to be dialed in a bit more. I think a 7 is possible the way it sits if everything happens just right. I just need more time on the track.

No… I can only stall to about 1800rpm before it starts pushing through the brakes. Almost red lit because of it once last night. Log shows about -4.5” vacuum at 1800rpm. I still have more fine tuning on the truck and my starting line routine needs to be dialed in a bit more. I think a 7 is possible the way it sits if everything happens just right. I just need more time on the track.

Are you leaving on a 2 step? Chances are with a 2 step you could get a couple more hundred rpm out of it and maybe get to positive pressure or at least 0 psi. If you cut a tenth off 60' it would go 7's.

No I’m not… I need to look into that feature on the Pimp. Like I said… truck needs fine tuning and I need it as well!

No I’m not… I need to look into that feature on the Pimp. Like I said… truck needs fine tuning and I need it as well!

In my opinion, this guy’s course is worth every penny.

In my opinion, this guy’s course is worth every penny.

Have you signed up for this course?

Have you signed up for this course?
Yes, I paid for a month and then recorded all of the lessons to reference later. Great quality on the videos. I think he has some samples on YouTube. After his class, you really figure out that tuning is all the same, just the end user system that changes a little bit (MegaSquirt, Holley etc) but all of the information that goes in there is all the same.

Yes, I paid for a month and then recorded all of the lessons to reference later. Great quality on the videos. I think he has some samples on YouTube. After his class, you really figure out that tuning is all the same, just the end user system that changes a little bit (MegaSquirt, Holley etc) but all of the information that goes in there is all the same.
Ahhh. That's what I was wondering if you can save the videos for future reference.
How do you see the videos? Are they throught YouTube or Zoom?

Ahhh. That's what I was wondering if you can save the videos for future reference.
How do you see the videos? Are they throught YouTube or Zoom?
It’s through his website. I’m just a cheap ass so I figured out how to record it. You can pay to purchase the course from him then you get to download the videos to keep.

After his class, you really figure out that tuning is all the same, just the end user system that changes a little bit (MegaSquirt, Holley etc) but all of the information that goes in there is all the same.

I try to communicate that, especially when someone says, "They only tune Holley" or whatever. That's just someone trying to push a system because once you understand the information that goes in the tables, they're all the same. Someone saying that can't tune a MS3, but they can tune Holley, is either lying, or not someone I would trust to tune anything.

I try to communicate that, especially when someone says, "They only tune Holley" or whatever. That's just someone trying to push a system because once you understand the information that goes in the tables, they're all the same. Someone saying that can't tune a MS3, but they can tune Holley, is either lying, or not someone I would trust to tune anything.
I can’t count how many times I have said that. I would never trust someone who says I can’t tune Megasquirt, only Holly. They are either uneducated in how to tune, to lazy to figure out a different front end interface or trying to sell you their product.

Those reading this should know that PiMP intentionally only provides a base tune so you are required to learn how to tune. Knowing how the tune works is essential to understanding horsepower

Last edited:
I think they also have a "catalog" of tunes/tuning info whether made by them or someone else and are lost without that as reference. Funny story, a good friend of mine has a 2015 Mustang that has a really nice built coyote and he is going to run a Holley EFI setup. He reached out to Lund for assistance and they will only tune his car via a Ford control pack, now those interfaces are vastly different, but you would think someone at that level would have no problem tuning the much simpler Holley. My theory is they've done so much Ford control pack work they just pick up a saved file load it and then charge $$$$

I think they also have a "catalog" of tunes/tuning info whether made by them or someone else and are lost without that as reference. Funny story, a good friend of mine has a 2015 Mustang that has a really nice built coyote and he is going to run a Holley EFI setup. He reached out to Lund for assistance and they will only tune his car via a Ford control pack, now those interfaces are vastly different, but you would think someone at that level would have no problem tuning the much simpler Holley. My theory is they've done so much Ford control pack work they just pick up a saved file load it and then charge $$$$
I think you are absolutely correct Ray.

I am going thru this right now with a different coyote tuner. My uncle and I are finishing up a gen 2 coyote in a 1972 pantera with a control pack (he bought it in 2016 before all the other options where available). Car only has a couple of modification but since the intake is not a purchasable piece it has turned into a much larger process to get it dialed in. We are on the 6th tune and only now its it "decent" but certainly has a few flaws. the checklist from the start was what intake, injectors, and maf. Which I sure they just picked up a list of other cars they've tuned and send them. the first three tunes where undriveable.

Back