#439 build thread

More progress… got the Y-pipe built and it looks super clean!

IoakWXQl.jpg

ZWi5gC1l.jpg

y4ty557l.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome! Nice and clean. Dude ought to make some of these to sell.

I'm curious about that location for the oil return. It's a bit farther back than anything I've ever done, so very interested in how the drain line will get routed.

I'm hoping to route it in a gap between the motor mount and frame crossmember... That will require a 90 degree fitting at the oil pan, but I think it will be okay. Once he gets the turbo mounted in place I might see a better route.

Good, that was my plan as well. That's a 3/8 to -10 fitting in the pan, but I drilled out the inside diameter to 1/2" so there would be no restriction at all. My idea for the routing of the drain line will help keep it away from the up-pipe as well as protection from rotating parts on the front of the engine. Plus it was the easiest place to hammer in the hole in the oil pan! :p

It's really nice to see such solid progress on someone's project after so many sitting-for-months disasters!!

For sure… I wouldn’t have been as patient as some folks are! He’s knocking it out quickly and very good quality work… not the cheapest, but I don’t mind paying for quality workmanship.

I'm excited to see this kit come together. Looks like some top notch work.

The Facebook groups have some home brewed kits that look like they are done by folks that shouldn't own welders. This guys work looks great.

I'm excited to see this kit come together. Looks like some top notch work.

The Facebook groups have some home brewed kits that look like they are done by folks that shouldn't own welders. This guys work looks great.

Yeah this guy is the real deal! I think this is the first stainless welding he’s done in a minute… most of his work lately has been titanium. This is the work I wanted but didn’t REALLY want to pay for. Finally I got over that knowing I’d never been happy with anything less. Damn you OCD!!!

He is definitely a good welder. Welds have great color and they are back purged. I definitely have some more practice to do on stainless before I can reach that level with TIG.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Not much to see, but to me it is! Things like this are what make me okay with paying more than if I’d gone with someone else for this build just to “save a little money!”

2c54be8e06560bccdf3de64e50bbbc12.jpg

3f547d3fc26595117e7a7e5f38fc3492.jpg

d4859b71099f186680a684165fa36d86.jpg

26d812cda498b36fac853e6ea21c96f8.jpg

Back