Received the Speedsturr yesterday

I picked mine up at the local shipping terminal yesterday. I saved money on delivery and got a chance to inspect it first. Something I wished I did with the Innovation Fiberglass tonneau cover I bought for the '01 couple of years ago. This is by far one of the best tops I have seen. The workmanship and paint is excellent. With the X2000 clamps, I was able to do a make shift install in about 45 minutes. That way I did not need to drive home with the box in the back -- looked like a bad idea. Just make sure to bring an extra body and a tool box with some screw drivers and wrenches. 13mm and 14mm sockets are definitely needed.

This was a great deal to be part of!

Awesome...glad to see you got your lid this quick! Didn't know that they were filling orders already, but I guess they are. Congratulations! Try and post up some pics if you can so we can see it on your truck.
Also which terminal did you have it left at so I can get an idea of where I'm going to have to go when I decide to order mine?:tu:

I picked it up at Watkins Motor Lines in Pflugerville just north of Austin right off I-35. Looked like a quality place with plenty of room to do the install. Just no area with shade. I need to find a digital camera and then I will get some pics posted.

Customer Service said that my lid should ship around the 22nd.
Shipping to a terminal or business was the same price ($115).
$30 extra to ship to my home address.
I believe that this varies by the shipping company, and the shipping company used varies by location (Houston, TX for me).

One tip that Paul gave me - note on the order (or call customer service) - Tony, and tell him that buyer will pay shipping. This will save you a $15 charge that Gaylord charges to prepay shipping -- but you have to have a check ready when they deliver the lid.
(So, if you ship to a friend's business, leave the check for shipping with them.)

--M

Most likely, yes.
I'd call Paul @ Gaylords to be sure - the number is in an earlier post.
He was really nice and seemed to sincerely want to help out the club.

manatecu said:
Is this GB still open?

The 1st end date was 15AUG and I requested an extension until 31AUG...still did not reach the GB minimum of 15 buyers. To my pleasant surprise, Paul not only agreed to give another extension but also allowed a 10-buyer minimum. Play it safe and jump in NOW before it's too late.

Faxed in my order form yesterday - how long does it take before they usually contact you to let you know when it will be delivered?

manatecu said:
Faxed in my order form yesterday - how long does it take before they usually contact you to let you know when it will be delivered?

IMHO, best to ask that question directly to Gaylord's since it will vary (they usually say 2-6 weeks).

My top arrived today. Beautiful piece but they gotta work on that name. The tag on the back says Gaylords in big letters with the word Slider under it. HMMMMMMM

February/March was the time period we did it this year, so we're probably looking around the same time for next year. Let me know what you think because this is all based on when the people who are interested can purchase. I set it up around that time because that's when I got my tax return check in:tu:

~nightcrawler~ said:
February/March was the time period we did it this year, so we're probably looking around the same time for next year. Let me know what you think because this is all based on when the people who are interested can purchase. I set it up around that time because that's when I got my tax return check in:tu:

I'm in, let me know when the time comes. :tug:

nightcrawler,
You have already missed TWO GBs that you personally put together. 3rd time's a charm, perhaps???

kromdom said:
nightcrawler,
You have already missed TWO GBs that you personally put together. 3rd time's a charm, perhaps???

Haha ya maybe...come income tax return time it's gonna be hard to choose between this lid and that nitrous I've been wanting! Go fast goodies are sooo hard to turn down, but those speedsturrs look real nice on these trucks also:hh:

Or maybe it's just that I like helping out the community:tu:

Back