Joliet Race 2009

Went to a race in Joilet years ago. Went to a club with some guys and I would not call it a strip culb. There was a city ordinance that the girls could NOT take anything off.

You probably went to Crazy Rock. They don't take anything off, but I know of places that do.

I have a room at the Fairfield 15-20th. :eek:ldtu:

See you all there!

...Dwight...

depending on how tuning the truck goes in a couple weeks, we'll be making the long haul from az with the red brick

Just PM'd Jeff Conely, Jan and I will be bringing the motorhome and L down on Thursday afternoon and staying in the pits for the weekend. The grill will be going and the brats will be frying:D Sorry, I don't think the sweet corn will be in season yet.
Can't wait to see you all, Steve

hey guys if i decided to grow a pair and run my truck in true street, can i use my slicks? i havent ever raced at a track and im not sure of the rules. do i need a helmet? gloves? ect. I know i need a ds loop but my main fear here is if it breaks i have no way of getting home. lol.

charles

hey guys if i decided to grow a pair and run my truck in true street, can i use my slicks? i havent ever raced at a track and im not sure of the rules. do i need a helmet? gloves? ect. I know i need a ds loop but my main fear here is if it breaks i have no way of getting home. lol.

charles

You have to run either drag radials or street tires. You can use M/T et streets if you have them. They must be street legal tires.

Run with the rest of the Lightning clan in the Truck & Lightning class. Sorry DOT tires only in True street because they go out on the public Highways on a 30 mile cruise.

dont you have to be a nmra member to run that class? what does that cost? how do i become a member? sorry for all the questions, lol ,i just havent ever raced at a track before.

charles

Jeff, the schedule for Joliet is up and it looks like class elims will be running on Sun afternoon at the same time as the true street cruise. Am I reading it right?

When I looked at the one from last year, it looked like all the true street stuff was done on Saturday.
It looked like you could run both classes, now I'm not so sure. :headscratch:

I figured maybe you would miss a qualifying run if you were in process with the true street runs, but missing an elimination race certainly won't work.

Yep, I was thinking that the t/s stuff would be sat and I'd be ok with doing both, but it looks like that won't work. So, I'll have to decide which I'll run.

Originally, I was just gonna do t/s, but . . .

Back