GP Gaylord X2000 Lids for Lightnings Gen1&2

Thanks AZLight...if anything I guess we can start another group purchase on the speedster wing lids when they come out...so who's in?:dp:

WAZ,
I may be in. Do these lids have secure packaging? Do they come with full instructions on mounting? I'm debating because I have a quote locally of $1200.00 installed. In my mind, the difference might be worthwhile in the event you had to send a freight damaged lid back and not have to install and adjust. This quote was for the Speedstur lid, so it will be later in the year before they are available. Just weighing my options and hopefully make the right decision.
Thanks
Jim

jakdad,
I am told lids are boxed and packed with foam as well as on a skid, comes with full instructions. You have two options with shipping. A) it has to either be sent to a business address or B) have it held at the dock of the shipping co. I personally think the better option is to have it held at the shippers dock, that way you can have it opened there for inspection and if there's damage you just refuse it and call the place we are buying them and they'll order another right there and then and then the shipping company deals with sending it back rather than you getting stuck with it. I was told yesterday that the Speedsturr Lid for the Lightning will not be available till Sept 03, have my vendor checking that. Hope to have an answer real soon.
WAZ

Jaakdad,

Where in Texas are you? Cause that's not a bad deal for the installed speedster cover. You dont happen to know the price uninstalled do you?

Not too Late Road Rage, do you want the Regular X2000 Lid or do you want the Speedsturr version? I assume this is for your Lightning?

WhiteAZLight

Not sure where you're at Glenn as you haven't replied to my U2U or to my thread on AZLOC. I spoke with Roger at Sport Truck Direct. He said the deadline for the GP is going to be 7-18-03. Get your orders in now. I placed mine today. It also sounded like the winged lids are only a couple of weeks out. No deposits. Full payment is required as he has to prepay for them. After the GP when the total number of orders is calculated cards will be credited for the discount. Call Roger at Sport Truck Direct if you have any questions 480-991-4080 or 888-800-0449.
Thanks, Jeff

Gaylord X2000 Lid

OK everyone, It's time to order!!!! Here are the details.
We MUST HAVE 10 to get the $849 pricing below. So if you committed then PLEASE STAY WITH US HERE....OTHERS ARE COUNTING ON YOU !!!! If we don't get 10 total because someone backs out then the pricing goes like this.

1-4 $999.95 + $99.95 shipping to your door

5-9 $899.95 + $99.95 shipping to your door

10 + $849.95 lid + $99.95 shipping to your door

Includes:
- X2000 Lid
- No-Drill Clamp on Design
- Carpetted Lining
- Battery Powered Light
- Pull Strap
- Painted to Factory Paint Code
- Locks/Keys Included

Can also get Gaylord's New Speedstur wing Version with your order for an additional $75 if you desire (Gaylord Sales is quoting Sept over the phone but my contact talked with production and they already have orders for the Speedsturr for Fords so they are saying End of July MAYBE early August)
Approx 2-3 week delivery time from order placement, but I need to know we can produce at least 10 people interested. This could also be for trucks other than our lightnings (not that anyone owns one.)

You have until July 18th to get in on the Group Purchase. Here's what you do:

1. Call Roger at Sport Truck Direct at either 888.800.0449 or 480.991.4080 and give him your board name and your actual name, of course your Credit Card info, etc and a BUSINESS ADDRESS of where you want the lid shipped or you can ask to have it delivered to the shipping company and HOLD it there for inspection PRIOR to accepting. He has a list from me of who stated they committed to a lid from this board.

2. I have asked him to wait 3 days to have all 10 of us call and place our order. If all 10 call and place their order then he'll write the orders up at the $849 price. (of course plus shipping). If less than that call then what he is going to do is write the invoice up at the quantity of orders he receives and when the 10th person calls in then he'll credit you back to the 10+ quantity. SO LET'S ALL STAY COMMITTED LIKE WE DID TO GET THIS PRICING AND CALL AND ORDER NOW!!!!!!

3. For those who want the Speedsturr version (including myself), unfortunately we also have to Pre-Pay the full price. Again read above, Gaylord already has orders for the Ford Speedsturr (Dodge and Chevy are already being produced) and they are saying End of July MAYBE early August.

4. Should anyone receive a lid and its damaged when you inspect it, REFUSE IT and call Roger ASAP, and he will order you a new one right there and then.

I'd suggest you have the lid HELD at the shipping company's dock so you can inspect it BEFORE you accept it. That way if there is anything wrong with it you can REFUSE the shipment and CALL ROGER and he will order another right there and then.

Those who committed......
Jimmyb
The Black One
JewishLightning
Twice Blown
brad
Road Rage......counting on you guys Please !!!

Anyone who has any questions can PM me. Provide me your phone number and we can talk. If I need to I can get Roger on the phone with us.

WhiteAZLight

I just ordered one last week from Sport Truck Direct, I wonder if I can have my order included. Funny thing is, I mentioned that I found out about them through nloc.com and they didn't mention anything about this group order. I just found out about the group order today. :confused:

Gaylords lid

~nightcrawler~ said:
Jaakdad,

Where in Texas are you? Cause that's not a bad deal for the installed speedster cover. You dont happen to know the price uninstalled do you?

You have PM.

A word of caution to all,;m

I ordered the Gaylord 2 years ago...took forever to ship and then was shipped twice due to damage both times.:cr: Gaylord's is not a good bet in my books! I liked the design, but lousy packing and poor customer support!:?

Fact, not folk lore and not bashing.:eek:

...Dwight...

I just spoke with Roger and placed my order for the lid. The only condition that I gave him is if we don't get the 10 for the $849 price I'm out. You know All we have in this world is our balls and our word, don't break either of them......place your order. He said he has 5 orders so far. Keep em coming!

Dan

BigD,
They have changed their packaging since then is my understanding which I posted up in here as well, hopefully for the better because of previous experiences. Can't imagine they wouldn't want that resolved quickly as well cause of the bad press it would cause if they kept it up. Hopefully because of this new packaging everyone will have a good experience.

WhiteAZLight

Hi WhiteAZLight,;w

I hope so...and that your group buy works well.:dp:

...Dwight...in England testing Bitter and Ale.:bd: :bd: :bd:

cover

I ordered mine sat. and I
was # 6 lets get this deal done
the price probably will not get lower
WhiteAZLight one great job doing all the
dirty work for us unworthy.
Thanks man:hail:

I just placed my order. I was number 7. Come on guys, we only need 3 more. :B2: :B2:

WhiteAZLight, thanks for the hard work in setting this up. Roger was a very nice guy to work with.

Now I can't wait to get my wing lid. :D

Back