Getting the Red/Black 93 Back on the Road?

@Raymond_B - because they were/are(?) having problems where the truck won't start and I was bugging him for details and a timeline for completion.

@FMOS Racing - I truly don't have a clue. Part of it may be with the no-start issue he did say he wasn't charging me to figure it out so there's less incentive to take time away from "paying" jobs. We're at 22 months now! And, I'll still have to get it tuned or swap EFI when I get it back.

@lightning_2000 - I have to cut some slack, at least in the beginning w/CoVID BS, etc. But 0 reason for nearly 2 years. SHould've been 1-3 months with parts delays. My FOxbody is starting from a roller, getting a complete build, welded/shaved engine bay, air suspension, etc and we're talking 6-8 months depending on parts (different shop). I'll reserve any judgment/expectations until I see the truck. But it wasn't a full build, restoration, etc

Not really. One month ago Tuesday I got an email that there "might be a breakthrough", and they hope to be driving it that Friday. This past Tuesday, one month after the last email, I emailed asking for the current status, and ..... nothing. I emailed again today and still... nothing. We've got 1 month left until it's been 2 years, that might be the day I show up with a flatbed.

I know better than to get my hopes up. I got an email today saying they are wrapping things up and are planning to deliver it next weekend. We shall see, we.. shall.. see.. Of course, next weekend I am going to the Good Guys show in Columbus, OH. But I'll gladly miss a day if I get my stupid truck back.

Glass half full, LOL. Im not paying for a hotel room I wont use and the show should be amazing, but I'd rather have the truck.

I read through the whole thread and there were things I have forgotten. Hard to believe it's been 3.25 years since I started this thread, and we're 3 weeks away from 2 years at the current shop!

Last edited:
So the 7th came and went, and now the 14th has come and gone and I still have an empty garage bay. After 3- emails and 2- voicemails I got an email on the 14th saying that some work completed by a tech wasn't completed to the level of completion expected. No, that's not a typo. I replied asking what day and time I should show up, still waiting for an answer. 😭😡😥

Go pick it up and don’t pay for anything that isn’t completed 100% to your satisfaction. Even if it isn’t done.

I emailed and said I'm coming the 21st at 1:30. Well, being the sucker I am he sent a big reply about the woes of the shop, having to fire techs, the work not being up to standard, etc. He also said, in writing, that I don't owe him anything for this work except the cost of a few fittings. HE claims to be trying to make al of the projects right by fixing them himself. He was supposed to email me yesterday, but didn't so I might just be being a sucker again. on Sunday it will be 2 years they've had the truck.

Yeah, if they guy is down to himself working on everything you might end up losing your truck when his shop folds up and it sounds like it is. I would at least go there and assess the situation.
Ditto! i know of a local guy that lost about $40k on his '69 mustang when the shop "restoring" it folded and filed for bankruptcy.

Wait, what? Even if he closed and filed bankruptcy, who and how could just take my truck. A vehicle that I hold a clear title to?

I didn't think about him closing, he has help wanted ads on his socials.

Wait, what? Even if he closed and filed bankruptcy, who and how could just take my truck. A vehicle that I hold a clear title to?

I didn't think about him closing, he has help wanted ads on his socials.

Pretty sure you just get in line with the other creditors, but don’t take that chance!

Back