Blue Dash lights!

Kerry at Advanced Auto Electronics, Inc. in Midlothian,VA.(1-866-427-1112)8-8 EST quoted me $250 shipped free for a new cluster from Ford with the upgraded power supply and fuse for the EL film. Unless you correct the power supply problem, would the blue stop working after a few years also? Or are they providing the whole dash with a new power supply? Sorry, I'm not clear on what is being offered here. -AL

TIKI AL said:
Kerry at Advanced Auto Electronics, Inc. in Midlothian,VA.(1-866-427-1112)8-8 EST quoted me $250 shipped free for a new cluster from Ford with the upgraded power supply and fuse for the EL film. Unless you correct the power supply problem, would the blue stop working after a few years also? Or are they providing the whole dash with a new power supply? Sorry, I'm not clear on what is being offered here. -AL

I'll check that out. Thanks!

Boston Blackie said:
Be careful, my Ford guy says that there more than likely will be a core charge.

Yea thats what happened when I called my Ford dealership. The core charge is $300!! The cluster itself costs $281 but Ford has a $300 core charge. I just love how the price doubles because of the fee.

Anyway, the guy I am buying the cluster from is from Canada, "says that's where the Lightnings are made" and says he has a plethora of parts around him. He sells a lot on ebay and says he's doing pretty well. Thats how all of us on here are escaping the core charge.

If anybody is interested, PM me and I can send you his email address so you can talk to him yourself.

I seem to be getting a good number of people asking how much they need to send.

When you send the money to me, you just need to send the $12. Thats all. After we get $12x25, we will buy a stock cluster. We will ship the cluster to the company, they will begin making custom gauges upon each person's individualized requests. I am only taking money to buy a stock cluster. I am not distributing custom overlays. You will pay the company their $108. Please don't commit if you are not willing to pay $120.

please read all of the first post to know what is going on

Please pm me with the info for paypal....money will go out as soon as i recieve it....I think we should make them as close to stock as possible...just ranging in different colors for all of us. Im down for the blue...I would like to make it look like the autometer cobalt gauges.

protolightning said:
Please pm me with the info for paypal....money will go out as soon as i recieve it....I think we should make them as close to stock as possible...just ranging in different colors for all of us. Im down for the blue...I would like to make it look like the autometer cobalt gauges.

They told me they could individualize each order, so we can each do it however we like. But yea, I think I am going to go that route as well

I forgot to mention that they DO require the core to be sent back to Advanced, so probably won't work as a donor cluster, sorry.

However, they have upgraded the power supply on 25 Lightnings, and say none have come back yet. Does your proposed new blue film plug into the existing power supply, or come with its own? Is the background going to be blue(instead of current parrot puke green), or are the numbers going to be blue, as in the excellent SVT dash pics posted?

My 02 dash lites are out, and I placed a 5 foot length of neon green string light around the perimeter of the cluster, and around the Pioneer stereo. Believe it or not 3 guys have copied it, as it has an erie neon look to it, and you can read all the guages.( Auto Zone $25) It plugs into the cigar lighter, and has an on\off switch on the plug. I'm sure it has prevented speeding tickets until I figure the best route on a permanent fix.

Why can't a local TV guy just repair the power supply for the EL film? The green matches my stereo, otherwise I would be in on the blue. Good luck.

Wasn't there talk of it just being a fuse that blows? Anyway... I think you need to read the entire thread and you will find answers to most of your questions. This thread is starting to chase it's own arse.

Tampa99SVT said:
Wasn't there talk of it just being a fuse that blows? Anyway... I think you need to read the entire thread and you will find answers to most of your questions. This thread is starting to chase it's own arse.

Thank you Tampa.

TIKI AL said:
Not a fuse, its weak transistors. I did read the entire thread.No mention of power supply on new blue film.

It's just an overlay. You have to have a good cluster to start with otherwise this will do you no good. If you thought we were getting a brand new cluster for 120 bucks, you're crazy.

before I send the paypal I need to ask.....
This does not require cutting anything up and my truck will be able to go back to factory right?

JLsilver02 said:
before I send the paypal I need to ask.....
This does not require cutting anything up and my truck will be able to go back to factory right?

That is correct. There is a factory overlay that is backed with sea-green film that is permanently attatched. If it were not permanently attatched, a group buy like this would not have as much support as it currently does.

So we are getting a new overlay to put in it's place. And if you want to get it back to factory, just remove the custom overlay and re-insert the factory overlay.

Back