3/4 Group buy update?????

Alex R

Well guys I talked to DJM Suspension today and they gave me a real good price on the kit. $310 for the whole kit if we get 10 guys in it which I think we had that many in the last thread. For shocks it will be another $143 dollars. However DJM Suspension goes a flip kit in the back, not shackles and hangers. Flip kit you would need to put the axle on top of the leaf spring. I was told no C-notch is needed. If you guys are not confortable with with the flip kit for the rear then what we can try something else. we get the I beams from DJM Suspension ( they are cheaper in price then Belltech) and get the shackles and hangers from Belltech. it should come out about the same price mabe a little bit more. Tell me what you guys think. I'm working for you guys

P.S. My truck just got painted can't wait to post new pictures.

Alex

Called AIM and the prices are for 10 kits if we get more people then it can go cheaper.

I-beams, Shackles and hangers = $421 plus shipping.

I know some of yo already have the shackles and won't need new ones so your price would be...

I-beams and hangers = $374 plus shipping.

let me know what you guys think.

Alex

I got DJM shackles and hangers, you dont need a flip kit. Dont buy AIM their beams are Sh@t!
Ken Z

Sounds like bell tech is the only manufacturer people aren't upset with? Does Bell Tech require a c-notch? Pinion angle shim? Removal of front sway bar? Just wondering if I should just go with the Eibach springs and shackles in the rear kit?

Thanks

you guys let me know what you would like me to try and put together.

Ken, I called them (DJM) a couple times now and they keep telling me they dont make a shackle and hanger for our model. Maybe you have a part # or something I can tell them?

Alex

I'm intrested in a 3/4 kit but I don't want to do the flip kit in the rear so if you come up with a shackle and hanger drop I will definately purchase one.

Are the I beams from DJM round or stock looking? With the filp kit do you have to do any welding? I'm just not to keen on the round I beams and want to know if the flip kit is just a bolt in job.

Alex , when I get home this evening I will try and get the part #'s for the shackles and hangers.Fastford, the beams are round and very sturdy.
Ken Z

Hey Alex,

That sounds like a good price for the I-beams and hangers, $374 plus shipping. I would think shipping would run $25-30.00 just a guess. So for about 400.00 we can get I-Beams and Hangers.

Do we have 10 people?

I did hear, that AIM Shipping is like over 100.00? Don't really know.

Did you get a price on Just DJM I-Beams? Maybe 300.00 to my door sounds like a supper price.;w

Last edited:
I think the DJM beams will be just fine.Ive heard alot of good things about them.As far as the flip kit goes I think it would be fine as long as you could still bolt on a set of traction bars.If Im correct the flip kit will drop it about 5 inches compared to the 4 inches the shackles and hangers will drop it.I think it could use another inch in the back.I have seen a few gen1 with a 3/4 and I thought it looked good ,but they all had a slight rake to them.I think another inch would level it on out,but then again some people like the rake look. The only thing I would be worried about would be installing the c-notch and Im sure it wouldnt be that bad I just dont like the idea of cutting my frame;m .Let us know anything that you find out and thanks again AlexR

:db: :nb:

What do the slapper's do??? If taken off what do you lose, besides one inch in height???

I will call DJM back when I get the part numbers for the rear, it will be cheaper then what they quoted me for the flip kit.
Thanks Ken

Alex

The slapper bar is the stock traction bar only remove it if you use a new style traction bar(Ranchos).I was not able to find the part #'s for the hangers and shackles,I will call DJM and get the #'s.
Ken Z

Finally Price!!!!

From DJM Suspension

2 dream beams
2 Shackle
2 hangers
and all hardware to bolt on.

For $439 plus shipping

I need to know who is intrested, Thats the price for 10 kits.

Alex

Hey, count me in!

I still have a couple questions though:

Do we need to change our shocks, and if so, who makes them? I'd like to get a fully adjustable one like a Koni or Rancho 9000.

Second, Do we need to remove the front swaybar? If we do, then count me out:(

Third, Alex, do you suggest a pinion angle shim or does the kit come with it/ not need it?

Lastly, will it work with Rancho Traction bars?

Thanks everyone, especially Alex for putting this together!

Back