Wow!

Awesome video!!! Never an FE fan?? Man I had a bunch of Fairlanes and a Galaxies that were 427 powered. 428 could never quite measure up imo. Wished I had all the FE stuff I gave away and sold.

any photos? be cool to see them.

Back then I never even thought of taking photos, I never thought it would end lol. I may have a photo of my 69 mach 1 I had a 428CJ in, I had a ton of work in that engine and it just would not preform.

Awesome video!!! Never an FE fan?? Man I had a bunch of Fairlanes and a Galaxies that were 427 powered. 428 could never quite measure up imo. Wished I had all the FE stuff I gave away and sold.

Basically the 1st time I helped a buddy work on his 390 and we had to take the cast iron intake off. Never again LOL.

Basically the 1st time I helped a buddy work on his 390 and we had to take the cast iron intake off. Never again LOL.
Oh yea those things weigh a ton lol. My brother had a GT390 cougar that we had to jack the engine up to change plugs in the engine, pita!

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

very good point, but you can drop a lot of frontend weight simply by installing an alum intake. cast iron intake is WAY heavy. did a quick search and came up with 77# to 83#.

very good point, but you can drop a lot of frontend weight simply by installing an alum intake. cast iron intake is WAY heavy. did a quick search and came up with 77# to 83#.

Power nation tv did an episode recently that they built a 390, they weighed the cast intake on a scale and it weighed 80 pounds, it’s insane, I guess because In a way the intake is more part of the cylinder heads on an fe than most motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fe weighed about 650#. add alum intake, heads and water pump and it drops to around 560#. that's in the same neighborhood as a cast iron 351W or sbc. not too bad.

I remember asking my dad as a kid what fe stood for, and he told me freaking expensive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LS engines copied the cathedral ports from the FE. Today there are very expensive, back In the day you could find stuff everywhere. Now to build one like I did back then I'd have to take out a second mortgage!

Back