WOW! Big changes. ADIOS!

cbxer55

Anyone notice all the threads here have been deleted except for a few? I also note I am no longer the moderator, there is no one now.

This is my adios to this site. You can go ahead and delete my name and everything I ever posted here as far as I am concerned.

LightningRodder is so much better a site than tthis one, it's not even funny.

Has anyone thought that perhaps with some of the server changes that have gone on, this might be a glitch?

Has anyone contacted Doug to see what the situation truly is?

Has anyone bothered to have a look at the other local forums, to which, this has also occurred?

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 08:14 AM ----------

Never mind. I took care of it.

BTW ... I'm from Florida.

Last edited:
Anyone notice all the threads here have been deleted except for a few? I also note I am no longer the moderator, there is no one now.

This is my adios to this site. You can go ahead and delete my name and everything I ever posted here as far as I am concerned.

LightningRodder is so much better a site than tthis one, it's not even funny.

Cbxer55

No threads or posts have been deleted here. the attachment shows there are over 1300 threads and 10,000 posts.

You were removed as moderator before my time - some of the reasons are here . Based on what Ive seen since I completely agree with the decision.

I would expect MUCH more from a moderator than someone who is like chicken little and when a setting changes automatically assumes that the sky is falling. I would expect as a moderator that if you felt something was wrong you would attempt to get it resolved directly with me before running away.

What has changed on ALL of NLOC is the default setting for how many threads show per page. The default was to show the threads from the last day for many sections, I changed that to show threads from the last 30 days for all sections. You can change that yourself - which you can also see in the attachment. I didnt announce that minor setting change because it doesnt really impact much. And I may change it again to by default show all threads for the last 100 days

In my opinion you are acting like a child, and your focus here has been to over react and to encourage everyone to join you at Lightning Rodder.

I dont expect that NLOC is a fit for everyone, Im doing what I can to make it more comfortable for many. You keep saying how its not a fit for you, but you keep coming back. I guess just to complain. You are becoming a prime example of the type pf user that is on many forums, often discouraged from participating.

JohnOk had volunteered a few weeks back to overlook the LOOK section and Ive simply not had the time to make the changes or announce it till now. Im happy to have his help

more detail about the default age cut off for threads

this screenshot shows you can manage what YOU want to see in your User CP

if you DONT set that setting you will see the default setting set for the section or site. I recently ran a script that reset the hundreds of sections of the site to show threads for the past 30 days. Many were set to show the last 1 day

Has anyone thought that perhaps with some of the server changes that have gone on, this might be a glitch?

Has anyone contacted Doug to see what the situation truly is?

Has anyone bothered to have a look at the other local forums, to which, this has also occurred?

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 08:14 AM ----------

Never mind. I took care of it.

BTW ... I'm from Florida.

There, wasn't that easy?

Geezus!

update

Ive just rerun the same script that reset the thread age setting to BY DEFAULT show ALL threads from the beginning ...

for the geeks among us its a SQl query
Code:
UPDATE forum SET daysprune = -1

And no PRUNE is NOT deleting its a setting called daysprune

:db:

Back