Whats the best way to launch a Gen 2.

fordnatic

I know this has probably been asked a few times now but I was wondering if anyone has some words of wisdom about launching while drag racing in a Gen 2 Lightning. I have an 04. I am running Nitto 555 on the rear. I have a 6psi upper blower pulley, SCT custom tune program, JLP cold air kit, electric fan kit, JLP intercooler and Bassani catback exhaust as mods. I either have the tires go up in smoke when I load to 1500 rpm or I sometimes bog out if I only load to 1000 rpm.

i would like to know this to i.. not just with where you stall the truck b/c that depends on what stall you have... but i get mixed views from people when i ask "how you should drive it ie... OD off or OD on... some people tell me od on and some say od off. so i would like to know the same stuff as ^^^^

on thing i will add to figure out the best way to launch my truck i just went to the track and played with tire pressures and diff stall rpms with the stock converter... i bogged at 1200 and and would hood good between 1500-1800. and this is without traction bars or any suspention mods.

this is the way i race my L
20psi in the stock eage f1's
good burnout to get the crap off the tires
launching at 15/600 is what works best for me
and OD is DEFINITELY OFF

if u run with the OD on it's only gonna kill your time

Back