trans slip

Gregg
Just as my topic states, My transmission is slipping when in drive and stopped. I have a 1994 L with 125000 miles, and the transmission was rebuilt under a purchased warranty like 3 years ago, and at the time I had a Performance Automatic valve body in the truck, and the guy who did the rebuild said he did not change it, but it doesn't shift as firmly as it did befor the rebuild.

Basically it goes like this, start the truck, everything's fine, and then I go for a drive, and warm her up, then stop...and it is like the transmission is in neutral. I can give it gas, but it just revs up freely until like 1500 or 2000 rpm's then pretty quickly engages the gear, but then quickly but not sharply shifts to second. The transmission will act perfect cold, and if you manually shift the gears it works perfect, no delays in shift, no problems with shift firmness. I know I want a MB, but funds are a little low right now what if anything can I do for the transmission to last longer? I was thinking of doing a filter change, with some thicker fluid like type F, is this advisable or will this transmission self destruct with that fluid? I have also heard that the only transmission treatment that works at all is the Lucas treatment, do you know anything about this stuff? I am not one to believe in additives and such, but this information was from a very reputable person, who just threw the stuff in an old slipping tranny and got like 30,000 more miles out of it. anyway, this is longer than I thought it would be, I just need some help, and rest assured that as soon as I can I will be supporting your product by beating it with my truck.
Chris

YOur problem isn't in the fluid, you have something wrong in either the forward or intermediate clutch, it's dying.

G

Back