traction bars on a lowered Lightning

L

lightngsvt

I need some help, after building my motor and planning to throw a 150hp shot of nitrous at it, I know Im gonna need some traction help. I ordered the Caltracs and was gonna have the same shop that is doing the computer do the to save time. Well they told me that there is no way they will work with the truck being lowered (they are alot different than Rancho bars). Any ideas??? HELP!!

I'll tell you what, order the Ranchos, try 'em, and if they don't fit, call me. I would be interested in taking them off your hands. Heck, even if something fell through with me, I know you could find someone out there that would want them...

Other than that, maybe you better start looking at Jerrod's truck. I think he's got ladder bars or something wild back there!

- Kevin

Ahhhhh Kevin........
I have a set of cALTRACS IF YOU WANT EM FOR WHAT i PAID. I think Id choose the CT's over Rancho, but.... I may just order the Rancho, I wonder if Summit can get them here intime for me to try for WFC???

Chuck,

The only thing (it's a big thing) I have against CalTracs is the solid aluminum bushing in the leaf spring. I'm not much of a fan of solid bushings in suspension parts since I was an NVH guy once upon a time. I'll have to pass on them, but if you can't use some Ranchos...

Try Summit. You might be suprised. Also, if shipping time is the killer, you know they are only about 2.5 hours from us. Leave right after work and be back by 10pm.....pick 'em up yourself!!!

Have fun!

I noticed that they use an aluminum bushing to and was wondering what effect this has and if a polyeurothene bushing would last under this stress
CaSeY

Hey if ya don't want the Cal-trac's, I'll take them. I need some more traction so I can keep whippin' up on those Vipers around here !!! ;)

Jeff

I ordered the Rancho last night, pretty "cheap" too! They will be here Monday. Get your cash ready Kevin, in case they dont work.... Total was under $300

Back