TPS

JohnB1993

Has anyone ever had this problem before and if you did what did you do to solve, and if not maybe someone can help me finding a solution
I have a 93 and for some reason when I check the TPS settings everything is perfect until I do the wide open test around 2800 or so I get a dead spot, now the problem is I have tried several(5) different TPS modules and they all go dead around the same spot, so if anyone has ever had this problem or know of a solution Please share it with me. Thank you in advance to everyone for their help and comments. I am sorry for this being so long but I wanted to explain completely.
JohnB

Raymond, thanks for your response I see that I made a mistake in wording when I said 2800 I should have said somewhere between 2.8 volts to say 3.0 volts is when I get a dead spot, but if I continue with the WOT test the voltage resumes but when I am closing the throttle the voltage drops again in roughly the same spot until I pass that spot and it comes back to normal again.

Raymond, thanks for your response I see that I made a mistake in wording when I said 2800 I should have said somewhere between 2.8 volts to say 3.0 volts is when I get a dead spot, but if I continue with the WOT test the voltage resumes but when I am closing the throttle the voltage drops again in roughly the same spot until I pass that spot and it comes back to normal again.

Dead spot meaning the voltage drops to close to 0? What shape is the throttle body in mechanically? What if you take th TPS off the throttle body and turn it by hand, do you get the same dead spot?

Thanks for that thought, I will try that and get back to you, the throttle body is a 70mm unit and I would say roughly about 5 years old, I was cleaning out my garage and found the TPS that was on the stock unit I will also give that one a shot

Back