Those That Trailer Your Trucks

History
9d16455abdc97500794d93fecf614559.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So cool!

LOL, well I did by the Kooks...

Enclosed would be nice, but I won't be using it enough to justify the cost. My budget is going to be around 35-4000. But with COVID affecting everything I might just U-Haul trailer it this year :)

The front wheels are far apart on our trucks so you better measure the distance between the fenders on the trailer to make sure the truck fits.

The front wheels are far apart on our trucks so you better measure the distance between the fenders on the trailer to make sure the truck fits.

+1 when I had an open trailer my white L fit by about 1" to spare between the fenders on the trailer when I ran stock wheels....

How wide was that trailer? The one Keith linked has 82” inside fender to inside fender I believe

I don't remember what the measurement was... that was 5+ yrs ago... If your running skinnies you'll have more room ...

How wide was that trailer? The one Keith linked has 82” inside fender to inside fender I believe

Yes it is 82" between the fenders.That trailer Keith posted is really nice. He has one like that I've seen it a few times.

The open trailer like Jamie posted, I had one before my current trailer. I found the open trailers to be alot more flimsy than my solid deck trailer. If you did go with the open center you could do like I dis, I put some aluminum diamond plate in the center to stop stuff from popping up.

Also I recommend you get the deflector for the front of the trailer.

The open center ones are better for zipping around locally. For long trips I’d get the full diamond plate one.

I've had both. The open centers and solid deck. They both have their place. I found the open great if you need to work on your car at the track. Their also a lighter, so if your pushing your weight limits that helps....But.. your only using it for trailering a car, unless you add diamond plate in the centers.
The solid deck I liked more because I used it for everything, not just trailering a car. I used it to pick up my lift. I've loaded it with lumber and building materials. I've put my ride mower on it. I've picked up skids of slate, mini excavators, a fork lift...the list goes on... but it was a lot heavier...

I've had both. The open centers and solid deck. They both have their place. I found the open great if you need to work on your car at the track. Their also a lighter, so if your pushing your weight limits that helps....But.. your only using it for trailering a car, unless you add diamond plate in the centers.
The solid deck I liked more because I used it for everything, not just trailering a car. I used it to pick up my lift. I've loaded it with lumber and building materials. I've put my ride mower on it. I've picked up skids of slate, mini excavators, a fork lift...the list goes on... but it was a lot heavier...

Exactly.

Back