Stock ECU, 24Lb injectors, HELP!

93SVT24

Hi everyone, I have a 93 Lightning, not sure how far down the line of owners I am but, the previous owner spent quite a bit of $$ building the motor and from the looks of things never properly tuned the setup. It runs lean. Stock speed density, 24lb injectors. I just ordered an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, i'm hoping to richen up the mixture a bit by increasing fuel pressure. Am I headed in the right Direction?

Mass air or the tweecer are both options I have been considering, but nether are within my price range at the time. I would rather just do mass air once I save enough pennies. While i'm on the subject, an ecu from a 93 bronco has the internal trans controller for the E4OD correct? So, plug the ECU in, splice in the wiring harness under the hood and install the MAF sensor...easy as that....right? The tweecer seems well beyond my EFI tuning knowledge. But the mass air conversion is something I could do.

Thank you all in advance

Truly I'd just get a Tweecer. I was at one time overwhelmed with the thought of tuning. Though many here can help you out it is an affordable route and a powerful tool.

SVT, let me know how your ecu compatibility works from speed density to mass air. I'm doing that with my '93 Lightning right now.

I have a A9L computer and an RJM Technologies wiring harness with an intake flip for the Lightning intake.
I'm confused whether or not I can split the signals by using the A9L just for the engine components and use the stock C3P1 computer to get the E4OD transmission to work right and continue using all the other diagnostics it controls.
I believe the throttle position sensor (TPS) and the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) needs to be split between the A9L and the C3P1 computers for everything to work with the E4OD.
But the question is, will they be able to "talk" to each other without any issues? :help:
I've read plenty of posts on here and read countless articles, but I haven't found anyone who did the combination splitting the A9L computer for the engine MAF and the C3P1 computer signals to operate the E4OD transmission.

Or, do I need THREE computers, one operating the engine, a Baumannator for the transmission and the stock C3P1 computer to operate my gauges, etc????

Does anyone have any ideas on this ?:?

Back