So Cal Owners - We're getting together

ok, here is the deal on setting up a forum for the socal lightning club...

In order to setup a forum, NLOC has a rule in place that there are at least 10 current NLOC members associated with the chapter. So let's all chime in, so we can get a count and setup the forum. Once I see that there are at least 10 of us, I will go ahead and add it to the list of local chapters.

I'm sure there are at least 10 members, after all we have 36 on the roster already! Come on gang, speak up!

I don't have an NLOC Membership yet, but I think now is a good time to get one. I'll take care of it tomorrow (8/13).

Chris -- we don't have a firm name for the club yet. If we pick a temporary one for the new forum now, can it be altered later? We've only had one informal meeting so things are a little hazy and still getting sorted out. Thanks man!

SVT BOLT said:
Chris -- we don't have a firm name for the club yet. If we pick a temporary one for the new forum now, can it be altered later? We've only had one informal meeting so things are a little hazy and still getting sorted out. Thanks man!

Yes, it can be changed later... not a problem. So post the temp names to...

Chris -
Right now we have nothing special for a name...at least until we can come up with some clever ones as a group, and then the club can vote on it.

So for now it's: SoCal LOC

I'm taking suggestions too! So if any of the gang comes up with something please submit it to me. Thanks.

I mailed my check to Nan this morning. As soon as I get my NLOC # I will post it (and add it to my sig).

alphadoggy -- I'll add you to the club roster. Just send me you real name (I have everything else). If you don't want to post your neam here, send me an email: freakracin@aol.com

Thanks!

Not a memeber yet..

but add me to the list...sorry I missed the first meeting. I will try and make it up there this Saturday.... sounds like fun.

reply oc meeting

please send info for next meeting i was at the meeting but nid not have my e mail address jcwhalin@ cs.com thank you

SpeedJunky said:
Checks? Fees? I don't understand? Where do I pay? Details please.

Monty - Our group is so new that we do not have membership fees yet. I'm sure we will once we get more established.

The checks and fees people have been referring to are for joining the National club (NLOC). We need at least 10 NLOC members before we can get our own forum on this board. I have been planning on joining the NLOC for quite a while now -- just sent in my membership app & check this morning. :cool:

Monty, you're already a NLOC member right? What's your NLOC # ? (for the club roster)

Re: reply oc meeting

john whalin said:
please send info for next meeting i was at the meeting but nid not have my e mail address jcwhalin@ cs.com thank you

Got it. Thanks John. I'll be sure to send out an update soon to all the members when I get something put together.

As it stands now, we're going to meet on Sept. 7 (time TBA, but I think 3 PM was mentioned) at The Yard House in Long Beach.
I'll send out a map/directions and more info later. I'm working on getting everything on my website too.

Thanks! How do I know if I'm a member and where can I find my member number?

Sorry for the lame questions and thanks for your help!

I have went ahead and created the new forum for us, however it is not active till we get at least 10 active NLOC members on board. Here is the list of those NLOC members so far:

Venemous Mofo
SVT150Tim
SoCal-L
LightClone
SpeedJunky
cteselle
SYTECH
Jay Lincoln
Rohn

Pending:

SVT BOLT
alphadoggy

I built the above list based on names that have posted to the various SoCal threads, if there are any more let me know, as we still need 1 more!!

chris

Back