Off the cuff question..

Gregg,

I love the valve body upgrade for the Lightning, but was wondering if you will be doing anything similar for the '05 Mustangs 5R55S tranny. If so, I would be very interested.

Gregg,
Not sure if you'll remember but I had asked you a while back about offering the FTVB for pre-'05 'stangs also. I will gladly volunteer the valve body off my wife's 'stang if you need a guinea pig.

kromdom said:
Gregg,
Not sure if you'll remember but I had asked you a while back about offering the FTVB for pre-'05 'stangs also. I will gladly volunteer the valve body off my wife's 'stang if you need a guinea pig.

We Offer the 4R70W Main Control for the Fox body Mustangs now, it's a pretty simple install. WE'll also be very soon offering a seprate shift improver (name still in the works) that will not include the valve body itself, but will be totally reversable if you decide to take ti back out. Most of the "shift kits" for the 4R70W require you to drill holes that make it a more or less permanent modification and if you screw it up, you have to replace the Main Control, which is $235 from Ford, with a $200 core charge (and the one you drilled holes in cannot be turned in for the core), I expect we'll have it out in a few months, and we're looking at it being under $100.

G

Alan B said:
I am the converter builder. I have looked these converters over and am ready to build one. Honestly I have been looking for someone local for the first,but I know exactly what this converter needs. My only question is how much stall do you want?
I know for a fact I can take these from 2500-4000 efficiently. More may be possible as some of the newer stators are tested.
If you are local to Cincinnati feel free to bring it up. I am postive you will not be dissapointed.
Alan

I am in Nashville, TN, so it's not too far of a drive for me. I would be looking for something in the 2600-2800 range. I would be happy to be a guinea pig in the process, especially if it comes with a discount on the price.:D

Back