Mustang Week 2008 Lightning GTG!

Ronnie

Will Work For Truck Parts
Well, first let's get guage some interest in this event. I will talk to Rodcobra about having a section perhaps in the Colonial Mall cruise in just blocked off for Lightnings and take it from there. We then can meet up somewhere in Myrtle Beach and do a cruise-in to the mall and move into the section for the Lightnings. All ideas are valid and welcome here for discussion and then when we get an idea of how many want to go and what we want to exactly do then we will post it up and I'll talk to the staff that run Mustang Week. Let's do it this year and have a big turnout with like 30 Lightnings!! Maybe we will get a lot of participation and like 50 Lightnings!!

1. Ronnie
2. O'doyle

Ronnie, I'm glad to see you setting this up!!! I will tell you this up front...The Mustangweek staff will tell you this, "If you want to park together, Roll in together" Ever year they (the staff) go though this with clubs such as YMR, BMC, LLR and so on. I've always set up a meeting location and time for the club I'm with and we roll in together. No problems, plus everyone will see you rolling in strong!!!!

Like I told you Saturday at the meet; I set up a 79-93 Foxbody cruise last year for Mustangweek. It was done by word of mouth, and on message boards. Well here the outcome....51 Foxbodies rolling down Hwy 22 together.....
DSCF4599.JPG

DSC_0310_537305.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you set this up, just give me a yell!!!

Bones.....I remember these pics on CarolinaRides, you did have a great turnout!

Good job man!

I would be interested in going with the other Lightnings. Which day will be the cruise in? Friday 7/25 or Saturday 7/26? I don't get many days off, so I would like to plan ahead.
Thanks,
Larry

Thing is we have to get enough Lightnings to go for them to block off an area. At least 20. That is why I started this so early. I am hoping for like 40-50. That would be awesome!

Ronnie. I will have my Lightning and my Saleen there. I saw a few Lightnings there last year. Was one of them yours. I had the 93 black gen 1 with true fire on the sides.

I would be interested in going with the other Lightnings. Which day will be the cruise in? Friday 7/25 or Saturday 7/26? I don't get many days off, so I would like to plan ahead.
Thanks,
Larry

Larry the Cruise in will be Sat. The Drag night is Thurs. The Show is Friday! Glad you can make it. Last year the Cruise in was Huge. There was more than the previous years.

Larry the Cruise in will be Sat. The Drag night is Thurs. The Show is Friday! Glad you can make it. Last year the Cruise in was Huge. There was more than the previous years.

Is "cruise in" mean driving in together and parking/hanging out? or is everyone cruising into the "Friday show" together? Which part are we trying to get a section for the trucks at?
Thanks

Is "cruise in" mean driving in together and parking/hanging out? or is everyone cruising into the "Friday show" together? Which part are we trying to get a section for the trucks at?
Thanks

Larry. The cruise in is at the Mall parking lot. They have a scheduled time to be there. They rope off the parking lot. If you go in as a group. Then you will be parked together. If you are going in different times. Then you don't usually get to park together. This is the way it was done on the Mustang side of it. People ususally just hang out and check out everyones cars and trucks. They have vendors there. They have raffles and door prizes.

If we can get something organized with the Mustang Week Staff. Set up a section for the Lightning's. I'm sure that can be arranged.

For the Car Show. They can do the same thing. They have a forum. Mustangweek.com. Offer suggestions to the staff. I already got them to say it is a go. I don't know why they haven't posted it yet on NLOC.

Last edited:
Larry. The cruise in is at the Mall parking lot. They have a scheduled time to be there. They rope off the parking lot. If you go in as a group. Then you will be parked together. If you are going in different times. Then you don't usually get to park together. This is the way it was done on the Mustang side of it. People ususally just hang out and check out everyones cars and trucks. They have vendors there. They have raffles and door prizes.

If we can get something organized with the Mustang Week Staff. Set up a section for the Lightning's. I'm sure that can be arranged.

For the Car Show. They can do the same thing. They have a forum. Mustangweek.com. Offer suggestions to the staff. I already got them to say it is a go. I don't know why they haven't posted it yet on NLOC.

It will be posted on the Gen II section. I am currently trying to work some other things.

this will be a possibility for me. I tried to make it a couple years ago but it did not work out. maybe this year will be the year.

Ronnie. I will have my Lightning and my Saleen there. I saw a few Lightnings there last year. Was one of them yours. I had the 93 black gen 1 with true fire on the sides.
I think I was one of two black Gen 2s at the cruise-in last year. Ronnie was still overseas at the time I'm pretty sure.

I've already planned on being there this year for Thurs-Sun at least, last year I could only make it on Saturday.

I was there the last 2 years with the Bad Mustangs Club... I hope to go again this year!

Keith

Back