Miss

I am sorry but I am a little missed up. I know that we have a ECT which may be coolant, but what about ACT? All so which one is the Ambient Air sensor. That's the one I am looking for.

No ambient air sensor Bob ... we've got an ACT (air charge temperature sensor)

There are two sensors inserted in the lower intake along the drivers side.

The second one back (toward the firewall) is the ACT.

Thanks I see three sensors total . Did you replace all three? Oh and boy that engine looks great.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks I see three sensors total . Did you replace all three? Oh and boy that engine looks great.

Of those three I replaced the ECT (coolant temperature sensor) and the the ACT (air charge temperature sensor). The sensor at the front drivers side corner of the lower intake (just in front of injector #5) is the coolant temperature sending unit ... I have not replaced that one since my temperature gauge seems to be working just fine.

The ECT you want is P/N WT5058

The ACT you want is WT385

My local O-Reily has them but the WT looks to be black. Is that the one you said not brass but stanless?

Sorry, I was referring to the by-pass assembly not the sensor itself. The OE sensor does have a brass housing. I thought BigT was referring to the by-pass assembly but apparently he was talking about the sensor itself.

I know the appearance of a couple of the sensors is not the same as the OE. But based on the information I got from Borg Warner, the WT part numbers are the higher line/higher quality pieces as opposed the P/Ns with the P prefix, which are the OE replacements.

Read through this ...

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-1-lightnings/219263-fyi-ford-motorcraft-sensors-clocksprings.html

Last edited:
If you click on the photo you will see the blue capacitor on the left has a burnt and broken pin.

Last edited:
Put an new thread. The ECM they send will not even fire the truck. If any one has a C3P1 or can tell me where to maybe send this one.

Back