me vs silverado ss

03expyeb

he is completely stock....(395 crank hp). my mods are in sig. vehicle weights are similar. i think it would be real close, but what do you guy thinks? we may do some runs against at ffw in august.

You ought to be able to pull this one off pretty easily, from what I understand, the SS's have some kind of torque management so they don't get true WOT until about 40% of the way up first gear. This is what I have heard.... so you should be good. :cool:

Thad.

I dont know of none that have a stick....If it is the all wheel drive model they are hell out of the hole so dont spin but as long as you get a good launch you will catch him pretty quick.... go down to youre performace store and get a gallon of SVT TRACBITE,,,,, its the same thing as the glue on the track. get a spray bottle and spray youre tires with it. do a very light scratch, not a burn out,,just clean them off... and that will make you hook like a mofo,, it does help... its 28 buks a gallon . and I have many passes and street nights on a gallon and still have some left

goodluck and kick some butt

I'd bet two crispy chicken sandwiches on the SS. No offense, but I've had a couple of Expy's and can't imagine even a 12psi blown one being all that fast.

SS trucks can be a handful out of the gate, so you'll likely have to reel him in.

I'd bet two crispy chicken sandwiches on the SS. No offense, but I've had a couple of Expy's and can't imagine even a 12psi blown one being all that fast.

SS trucks can be a handful out of the gate, so you'll likely have to reel him in.

yea but after the first 60 ft they fall on there face ,,,,,,I believe the L all day

yea but after the first 60 ft they fall on there face ,,,,,,I believe the L all day

It ain't an L bro, he has a supercharged EXPEDITION. No way would I bet on an SS against an L, not even crispy chicken sandwiches... ;)

Last edited:
I dont know of none that have a stick....If it is the all wheel drive model they are hell out of the hole so dont spin but as long as you get a good launch you will catch him pretty quick.... go down to youre performace store and get a gallon of SVT TRACBITE,,,,, its the same thing as the glue on the track. get a spray bottle and spray youre tires with it. do a very light scratch, not a burn out,,just clean them off... and that will make you hook like a mofo,, it does help... its 28 buks a gallon . and I have many passes and street nights on a gallon and still have some left

Yeah, listen to Stick about the Trackbite. He got me with it....:cool:

That stuff is stickier than a whores butt.

You ought to be able to pull this one off pretty easily, from what I understand, the SS's have some kind of torque management so they don't get true WOT until about 40% of the way up first gear. This is what I have heard.... so you should be good. :cool:

It isn't that bad but Torque management is present in the stock tune. By just deleting the TM in the PCM, an increase of only about a tenth on the quarter mile will be shown. I ran a unimpressive 15.3 stock. Others are dipping into the 13's with just bolt-ons.

I run about 60% TM in my 1-2 shift and 30% in my 2-3 shift.

So how did this race turn out? Just curious.

FWIW, a stock AWD SSS is about 5200lbs. I have a hard time believing an Expedition weighs that, but could be wrong. Someone edjmacate me on that one please :help:

he is completely stock....(395 crank hp). my mods are in sig. vehicle weights are similar. i think it would be real close, but what do you guy thinks? we may do some runs against at ffw in august.

And the Silverado SS trucks are 345 crank hp stock, the Trailblazer SS is the one with 395 or 390 crank hp.

i had my tuner disable the torque management sytem in the expy. i installed the ft seperator plate kit ahead of time. we never go a chance to do the run, but maybe sometime this fall...when it is cooler.

Do you have a link of anywhere I could buy this?

I think it would be a close race. It's a shame the SS's don't perform as well as they look.

Back