Looking to relocate

BigMac

'00 White L #4912 of 4966
Hey guys, Shawn from Reading PA here. My wife and I have vacationed in Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove) the past few years and absolutely love it. So much so that we're thinking of relocating down there permanently. Before we do we'd like to get your thoughts on the job market and any other places like Myrtle (we know Myrtle, Little River, and the surrounding area) we might be able to call home.

Currently I'm employed by one of the largest mutual fund providers in the world (been here about 10 years). They do have an office in Charlotte NC, so that is also an option. I have my series 6 & 63 license and have retail and 401k experience. I've also spent the last two years in project management. My wife administers 401k plans at the same employer. Prior to this job I spent 8 years in restaurant management. I'd prefer not to go back to that because it burned me out mentally and physically but I know that's a big business in Myrtle.

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Shawn

Myrtle Bch gets my vote!!! I am sure you can find plenty of jobs there. On a side note, Charlotte is like the second largest banking district to NYC and isn't a bad place to live either, but I like the beach.

Back