John Coletti says.......

I'm sorry about you losing your job. I hope it's only temporary. I've been there, so I know the feeling. It can be pretty scarey and it can and usually happens to just about everyone. I worked for Ford for 32 years. Started as an hourly employee, and ended up working in several management positions. Years ago most of us came up through the hourly ranks. The company never promised me anything, except a paycheck for the hours you worked. Actually that only as an hourly employee, as many of us on salary put in 8-10 hours a week we didn't get paid for. I was laid off a couple of times - oil embargo in 1976 and the really bad year of 1980 for 4 months. So I know about being out of work. And I lived under Jac Nassar in management. So I know what that was like. I always told new employees, both hourly and salary, that the automotive industry is cyclical - good times and bad. And to only count on 40 hours a week. Not to let themselves get caught up in the "overtime" trap. But I know it's real easy to do. When you're making good money, it seems it will never end. For 32 years - Ford provided me with a good living. I know a lot about the difficulties and frustrations and oftn low morale of working there - including the "privilege" on salary of getting your "brains" beat in 3 times a day when things went wrong - your fault or not. Just part of the job. But overall - Ford provided me with a good living, and many others also. And I wish Ford well. And I continue to purchase Ford stock in my belief that the company will continue to be successful.

Back