Idea for future Event/meet

LightningSteed

#1735/2280 1/695 Red 1995
Ok I thought I'd post this here too incase anyone else would be interested in attending if I can put this together.

Hi guys I asked a few of you today about an idea for a club event today
and just followed up with an email I sent to the NHRA Museum in Pomona at the fairgrounds.
http://museum.nhra.com/
to have a meet/event there in the future.
for those of you who haven't made it there its pretty cool some great cars of drag racing and other forms of racing.
So If I can pull this off I'd like to get a tenative head count of those who might be able or interested in attending so I have numbers incase I need that info.
-Ralph

Here's a copy of my email I sent off:
Hello Sheri,
Hopefully I have directed my email at the right person.
if not please forward this to whomever I need to talk to.

I'm interested in finding out about the possibility of having a club event at your facility
I'm a member of the Southern California Lightning Owners Club
( SVT Ford Lightning pickups )
www.socalloc.com we are the Southern California chapter of the www.nloc.net
( National Lightning Owners Club )
I've attended your museum before and loved it getting to see some of the historic
cars I grew up watching.
I read about the twilight cruises there and thought that was great but
our Lightnings were made from 1993-1995 ( generation 1) & 1999-2004 (generation 2)
so we are quite a bit newer than the pre-70 vehicles, but no less die hard hot rodders
and quite a few of us are drag racers.
I asked a few of the guys today while at the street drags in Fontana speedway
( www.californiaspeedway.com )
if they have seen your facility and surprising quite a few hadn't had the chance yet.
So I'm hoping to be able to introduce some fellow fans of the sport and car enthusiasts
to your great facility and have a nice day out.

What would the possibility be of having such an event at your facility?

Also would it be possible to have it on a Saturday? ( our members come from as far as Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and a few from out in the Desert as far as Blythe, So a weeknight might be tough.

Would we need a certain number of trucks / people to commit ?
We also do some events with the SVT Mustang Cobra owners ( www.svtperformance.com )
so might be able to get some of them to turn out as well.

I look forward to your response
Ralph Mueller
LightningSteed@aol.com
1995 #1735 of 2280
http://hometown.aol.com/lightningsteed/

Back