Hey ya'll!! Watch this!!

FMOS Racing

PSI=:-D
I Support the NLOC
Well, since everyone is asking, here's the latest on my little "gymnastics routine."

For anyone who didn't know, I found out a 5 hp Goped is well beyond my ability to handle!! I goosed that little bugger, wheelied, and whacked a trailer.

The Doc drained 53ccs of fluid off my knee yesterday and I go in for an MRI this afternoon. All indications are that I blew up my ACL on my right leg. :( I guess I'm not indestructible after all. I'm learning to left-foot drive and guess I'll be commuting in my truck for the next six weeks or so. Hopefully I'll be back to being able to use both feet before any snow hits!

Thanks a bunch to the folks who helped out - Special thanks to Justin, Raymond, Margi, and Larry. So many of you helped out in other ways, too, from packing my crap to making sure I didn't kill myself trying to do too much.

Anyway, I'm wearing a brace now and I'm on crutches. Luckily I think I'll still be able to work.

So, once again, thanks so much for the help and especially for all the concern. If I can just get a hold of Mike Jones' camera, I may even maintain my dignity! ;)

Sparkman, I had no idea you took a dive on your moped!

Hope everything goes ok and maybe it wont require surgery. If you need a professional driver for the '93 I may be available ;)

Jeff,
Glad to hear you had that checked out and that you're going to live. :)

Get in touch w/ your buddy Curt... he didn't even know what happend.

And just so that nobody is thinking that Jeff is complete klutz riding a little childs toy when this happened....he was on Mike Stocks fully modified big HP scooter that he used to win the scooter races with. That thing is a direct drive, 2 stroke monster out of the hole.
Glad you made it home ok and take care of that knee!

Welocme to the club of "left foot drivers on crutches who should stay off two wheeled vehicles when riding wheelies!!!

Sucks!!!!

Mine is from riding a wheelie on a BMX bike. It came up too far on me and I slid of the seat and landed on my feet (no wreck). When I landed, I shattered the bone.

xray2sm.jpg

I had knee surgery 18 months ago when I wrecked a motorcycle. I know how you feel Sparky. Keep the weight off of it and start therapy as soon as you can.

WOW, sorry I missed that Jeff:D ...Must have happened after we left for the airport... I hope it gets better soon, Jon:hh:

Sorry to hear about your little fall Jeff. Hope you recover. Makes me wonder though - you can handle a 9 sec. truck but couldnt deal with a 5hp goped:bd: Anyways, get well dude:tu:

Now you know why I dont get on the sucker!
BTW, you didnt put a scratch on it did you?
Hope you get better soon.
Your not going to sue me are you:?

Last edited:
Steve
He can't sue.....I'm the number 1 witness :D

By the way Jeff it was a pleasure meeting you finally, take care of yourself.
Dale

I HATE DIAL UP! #$%^(*#^)*(^ I just lost a long post.

So, a shorter version:

I need to add Speedin' Bob Peden to my "Special Thanks!" list. He came to my house on the way home and unloaded everything for me. :tu:

Kev, that picture was going through my mind while I was flying through the air, I kid you not!

Everyone else: Thanks for the well wishes! I guess it'll heal. Anyone know a good lawyer? (KIDDING)

Glad to see you're gonna be alright. I thought you broke your knee or something, that thing was swollen big time :eek:

Get well :tu:

I brought a go-ped home for the kids, a direct drive model, and in an attempt to show them how it worked, pushed off with one foot, it went full throttle only problem was left foot stayed firmly planted on the ground. I did the extreme splits then like you blew out the Knee. I passed on the surgery and took over a year to heal.

The kids loved the thing and never got hurt. I feel pain every time I hear one.

FMOS Racing said:

So, a shorter version:

I need to add Speedin' Bob Peden to my "Special Thanks!" list. He came to my house on the way home and unloaded everything for me. :tu:

Not a problem Jeff and you are very welcome. You had no business unloading anything. Very nice Garage-mahal btw. :D

Feel free to call if you need anything.

Bob

Hey jeff, glad to hear you are doing ok, but I do have to say one thing....you are one stuborn SOB, and I do mean that lovingly!!!
Keep us updated as to how you are doing and how the MRI turns out...you know us "motherly" types have to worry until we find out what is going on. Obvioulsy you made it home ok, even though you were to bull headed to accept a woman driver to help!! LOL Best of luck with your knee man.
Margi ;)

FunLightningCpl said:
Hey jeff, glad to hear you are doing ok, but I do have to say one thing....you are one stuborn SOB, and I do mean that lovingly!!!
Keep us updated as to how you are doing and how the MRI turns out...you know us "motherly" types have to worry until we find out what is going on. Obvioulsy you made it home ok, even though you were to bull headed to accept a woman driver to help!! LOL Best of luck with your knee man.
Margi ;)

Are you going to be a regular around here now??? :D

That's roughly two posts in one day. :)

:tu: You gotta problem with that missy!! LOL:D
If you check out the ILLNESS board you will see yet another message so you will have to tally up those #'s again!!
YEP...I think it's offical I have been bitten by the lightning bug...didn't you see my ankle in Kansas??

Back