GROUP BUY FOR GAYLORD'S LIDS: sign up here

:applaud: I just got a call form FEDEX Freight and they said they will be delivering my lid on MONDAY!!!!:applaud:

ZEM'S04 L said:
:applaud: I just got a call form FEDEX Freight and they said they will be delivering my lid on MONDAY!!!!:applaud:

The lid has arrived!! Haven't had a chance to uncrate it yet, still at work.

ZEM'S04 L said:
:applaud: I just got a call form FEDEX and they said they will be delivering my lid on MONDAY!!!!:applaud:

ZEM'S04 L said:
The lid has arrived!! Haven't had a chance to uncrate it yet, still at work.

you had fedex deliver a lid? risky business.
icon12.gif
(you'll have to be an oldster to get that)

Just found out that I was charged $960.21 plus shipping for bed cover. The group buy price was $940.21 for the speedsturr. Called Gaylord's and was told the extra $20 was for crating fee. I was not made aware of this when lid was purchased. Anybody else get charged the extra $20 for crating?

banshee said:
Just found out that I was charged $960.21 plus shipping for bed cover. The group buy price was $940.21 for the speedsturr. Called Gaylord's and was told the extra $20 was for crating fee. I was not made aware of this when lid was purchased. Anybody else get charged the extra $20 for crating?

Yup I also got charged the $20 crating fee, no biggie....as long as the lid comes undamaged.

Bad news, just opened the top side of the crate and the lid is messed up. Just my freaking luck!! Both the corners where the lid meets near the cab at the points are missing paint and look really rough! Will try to get pics, but only have camera phone.

ZEM'S04 L said:
Bad news, just opened the top side of the crate and the lid is messed up. Just my freaking luck!! Both the corners where the lid meets near the cab at the points are missing paint and look really rough! Will try to get pics, but only have camera phone.

sunava_____! :mad:

Inspected lid and looks great!! Now if I only had some hinges to mount the lid. Called fed-ex and they never made it to the Dayton hub in Ohio. Just make sure you get two boxes when you receive the lid. The hinges are shipped in a seperate box from the lid. Now if fed-ex can only find those hinges!!!!!

This is the pic that I took last night, of the front cab side corners. The fiberglass is cracked about 1/2" back and the paint it missing. I am not even bothering with trying to get a new lid, cause it will be blamed on fedex and then they will just blame me saying that I signed for it. I got the lid on monday and didn't have time to uncrate it till last night.....so I guess it is my loss.

zem.jpg
[/IMG]

I think the lid was improperly packed by gaylords. The crate reads this side up with the up part being the tailgate end of the lid. And they did use the sealed air foam in all corners but maybe from it standing on those delicate corners, even in the foam, for so long it managed to rub around.....dunno...just trying to figure it out. Other than that the hood is great looking. Hope everyone else gets their lids in perfect shape.

fedex has lost any confidence i had with them a month ago when they managed to loose a leaf spring (yes a leaf spring) from a roush suspension kit i bought. a claim is being filed for the loss. now this crap. good luck on the whatever it takes to get you a new tonneau. hopefully gaylords will file a claim on fedex and justice will be done.

Does anybody know if I can still use the factory bedliner with the lid? Since I do not have my hinges yet and not knowing how they mount, I thought I could go on ahead and remove the bedliner if I had to. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You should still be able to use the factory bedliner, the hinges use a clamp style install. They clamp from the inside of the bedrail to the outside.

Back