Going Turbo

gpz 750

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Fought it long enough, and finally decided to go to the dark side.
Currently working with ZSR on a rotating assy and camshaft.
SVO block
414ci 9.4:1cr
220 AFR heads
TFS lower intake with tick air/water intercooler and Holley hat.
Going single turbo.
Tech just recommended a HPT 82/80 ball bearing turbo with v-band flanges making it 1.24 A/R

Fought it long enough, and finally decided to go to the dark side.
Currently working with ZSR on a rotating assy and camshaft.
SVO block
414ci 9.4:1cr
220 AFR heads
TFS lower intake with tick air/water intercooler and Holley hat.
Going single turbo.
Tech just recommended a HPT 82/80 ball bearing turbo with v-band flanges making it 1.24 A/R

Turbo is inevitable LOL. What headers are you going to use?

Not sure yet, thinking I will put it on the passenger side close to the battery area.
You have any ideas?

Not sure yet, thinking I will put it on the passenger side close to the battery area.
You have any ideas?
You're doing single turbo? If so I'd definitely do the driver's side. Much more room, for downpipe and such.

For some odd reason I was thinking passenger side would have more room. Since the driver side would have the steering. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I would use the same headers as Raymond did (log style) but have them place the v bands as close to the front exhaust ports as possible. Then you should have plenty of room to route hot side.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I need one of those fancy ZSR setups...

If you remove the fender liner and put the down pipe outside the frame, there's a ton of room. Otherwise, I don't know how you'd put a big single on the passenger side.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Good to know,
Waiting on engine parts right now, just starting to look at headers and possible routing.
Also trying to buy parts in stages to spread the cost out some.

The really tight spot is getting out of the engine compartment. Behind the bell housing, there's plenty of room. I'm putting the whole turbo setup back there. ;)
Both my turbos behind my ZSR engine fit nicely back there

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

lots of room on the driver side for a single. with a properly designed setup i think a 5 inch down pipe would be possible. I have a 4 and it fits with plenty of wiggle room and i still have all factory components over there. AC, booster, master, brake lines, etc. Passenger side would require battery relocation and then would take some special detail to route it around the wheel well and heater box and valve cover to not melt stuff. Without the AC box it would open up the possibilities quite a bit. once beyond the bellhousing both sides would be easy.

One day I'll put a real motor in mine and redo it to a 4".

Every time I get an itch to make changes, I ask myself, "Why?" and then go mess with one of the other vehicles.

thinking about using this kit in the 3 inch version. Doing a rear crossover from pass to driver side with v-bands. Then coming off the front of the driver side into the turbo. That way I can work it around the P/S and A/C.

Any drawbacks to doing it that way?
sounds rather similar to mine. I run a shorty header on the pass side converted to v band outlet. 2.5" cross over and a custom "log style" manifold on the driver side feeding the turbo. I wouldn't say its the best for a max effort racecar turbo setup but it certainly works well.

cXeusmPl.jpg

bPM9qAil.jpg

C6DJ9I7l.jpg

Back