get together

Syck 01L

Ok, now that I know there are still ILLNESS people out there, there wasn't a post in almost two months. It took Big D's birthday and Jim's passing to shake the bushes a little.
What do you all say to a get together some time in January? Lets kick it around and see what we come up with. Jan and I are not going out west this winter so anything will work for us.
Steve

I agree

Steve,

I like the idea and would plan to attend, but Harlene has been in and out of the hospital regularly since August so I cannot commit very far in advance.
I think some of our best get togethers were at the Lodge, Dave & Busters, and Famous Freddies if anyone wants to try to set something up. The Lodge on a Sunday would be a preference for me. I still have two of Baby Jakes lawn chairs from several years ago I would like to get back to him.

LB

We're in either Saturday or Sunday. The lodge works for us or any where else. As long as we all get together. It'd be nice if the whole crew could come out.

Fair reply so far. I think we need more responses from our newer members as well as some from, shall we say, our more seasoned group?
L-Bob, Sorry to hear about Harlene. I'm sure the whole group hopes everything is going well. Please keep us up to date if we'er not intruding.

Steve

Sorry to hear that Bob.
I have a couple of parties to attend in January but even if it's the same day I should at least be able to do lunch.
How about we try something in the Dundee / Elgin area?
Most of you guys are out there anyway, a little less distance for Steve and Jan, a little more for Chris and Lourie.
I went to a place called Bandito Barney's back in summer and it was pretty cool. Bandito Barney's Beach Club and Bordello, Gigantic Beer Garden.
I don't know how the place is is in winter, since it was mostly outdoor space. Maybe Ray or Steve (Mr. Horsepower) knows.

I don't have my Lightning any more, however, I still drive a Ford everyday though!! We would love to see our old friends again! The Lodge on a Sunday works for us..

Happy Holidays!!

Jeff & Carrie

Sorry to hear that Bob.
I have a couple of parties to attend in January but even if it's the same day I should at least be able to do lunch.
How about we try something in the Dundee / Elgin area?
Most of you guys are out there anyway, a little less distance for Steve and Jan, a little more for Chris and Lourie.
I went to a place called Bandito Barney's back in summer and it was pretty cool. Bandito Barney's Beach Club and Bordello, Gigantic Beer Garden.
I don't know how the place is is in winter, since it was mostly outdoor space. Maybe Ray or Steve (Mr. Horsepower) knows.

Very cool Summer time bar, really not a winter bar. Not a lot of room inside.

There's always Hooters! Are old Illness stomping ground... Chicago's Cumberland is right off the highway or Schaumburg off of Rt53

Hooters

How about the Hooters in Shaumburg around 1PM on Saturday the 14th or the 21st of January? Just a suggestion.

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas, Steve :eek:ldtu:

I'll probably have to work but if i'm off count me in... Nice to see RobG still lurking on the board... How have you been??? Still living here in Rockford??? Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Justin

Back