gen1 jdm electric fans

SVT1116

i talked to jim last week and he said he would do a group buy on the gen1 electric fans if i can get 5 people, only thing is i have to make the install instructions up which are cake, and that will save some money by not having htem do it, let me know thnaks rich

Make sure you get the instructions right. I bought a fan from him and the wrong instructions came with it. It didn't say how to hook it up so the fan would come on with the AC and the shop that put them on wasn't smart enough to figure it out ,so the first time I turned on the AC it blew out the compressor about 1min. before going on a 3,000mi. trip in July. A half hour into the trip the temps were 105 deg. talk about being pissed, then one of the wires burns out while I'm in line to take the ferry from Vancouver Canada over to Vancouver Island. I had to drive for two days with no fan until I could get to Steve Stocks place in Wash. where he put me up for a few days and rewired the whole system. Also the temp sensor they sent me turns the fan on around 100deg. so the fan never goes off while your driving. ;c ;c ;c

Roy

Why don't you just make kits and sell them for less than the gp price and you make the money. I though about doing this. It would be very easy, especially if you have seen there set up.

later

Hey Rich, You might check with Tony. I think he can get the fans alot cheaper. I could put together a proper wiring kit with tapped sender and low speed AC fan ability, relays and circuit breaker for correct and problem free performance.
Wouldnt it be great to do this for all fellow Gen1 members at a reasonable price. I know a lot of guys want this but cant shell out 400 plus dollars. I'm thinking it can be done for a little more than 1/2 if I can get a jobber price on the painless pieces that I would need.
Later
Steve

Back