Gen 1 door weight

Anyone know what the doors weigh on a gen 1? I have mine gutted but still have the wing vent and I'm wanting to add a lift off hinge setup but don't remember if they are light enough to handle with one person.

Thanks
Alan

I weighted them. A fully complete door weights 88lb each. I got mine gutted down to 28lbs each. They are easy to handle by yourself. And there's zero body work needed to make them fit and look good...

Oh that's good to hear. When he made my roll pan, he sounded like he was about to wrap the business up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Nope, he is quoting me doors & fenders right now.

He quoted me doors too awhile ago but I heard nightmare stories about the fitment. So the cost of the doors and the amount of body work needed I decided against.
Hopefully they fit better now.

93 doors don't have the side impact protection. I've never looked in the doors of my 95. So yea pictures would be interesting.

What's the weight difference in that alone?

You don't have to look inside - look at the outside bottom edge. If you can see an extra line ~3/8" up, it has the impact beam.

94 Lightning doors do not have the bottom seam but they DO have the impact strips.

lightn95 whatd you end up taking-out to get them down to 28lbs? have some pictures

The short answer is everything. I took out all the electronic, and power everything. The wing window and assembly. I made one window out of tinted lekan and secured it to the frame. Took out the crash bar. The only thing functional is the door handles. No door cylinders either. Then took out the inner sheet metal panel and cut it around the perimeter.

Last edited:
The short answer is everything. I took out all the electronic, and power everything. The wing window and assembly. I made one window out of tinted lekan and secured it to the frame. Took out the crash bar. The only thing functional is the door handles. No door cylinders either. Then took out the inner sheet metal panel and cut it around the perimeter.
What did you use for the inside latch release?

Back