FTVB Question

adtcadman

Gregg,
This is happening after the FTVB was installed, 1st to second shifts like factory, 2nd to third shifts hard (like I thought all the shifts would) 3rd to OD shifts a little harder than factory. Is this something that will work it self out? I have reset the PCM. I have about 1600 miles on the FTVB
Help!!
John

I just had the FTVB installed this past Tuesday and I have the same results. No differance from 1st to 2nd, slighter harder than stock 2nd to 3rd and almost the same as stock 3rd to overdrive. What is resetting the PCM? The shop charged me $400. 00 for the install. I thought I was going to be able to chirp the tires between 1nd and 2rd but not even close.

Blackstock01 said:
I just had the FTVB installed this past Tuesday and I have the same results. No differance from 1st to 2nd, slighter harder than stock 2nd to 3rd and almost the same as stock 3rd to overdrive. What is resetting the PCM? The shop charged me $400. 00 for the install. I thought I was going to be able to chirp the tires between 1nd and 2rd but not even close.
Resetting the PCM is resetting the computer. Unplug the negative on the battery, turn on the lights and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Turn off the lights and reattach negative. Computer has to 're-learn' your driving habits.

The shop charged you entirely too much for the install. Hopefully they did a full tranny flush at the same time.

John

Four hundred dollars? I know shops that will change the tranny for that! Shoot me an address and I'll send you another one, I try to tune them the way most people want them, and almost everyone does where they're at, but each truck and every person reacts differently, honest, I do build them all the same (for stock).

G

Gregg, I received the replacement FTVB and installed it last weekend. First of all thank you for such quick turn around. Unfortunately this one is worse than the first one, It shifts like the factory one did. Is this something that will work it self out or did I get another bad one? I have 400 miles on this FTVB, Also I reset the PCM.
Please let me know what I need to do.
John

Umm, well, I can tune another one, there is some varience in each truck, as well as different expectations from each driver, I'll build you a 2CR and it'll shift REAL hard on the 1-2, but since yours doesn't seem to be responding to the 2C, I think it's what you're looking for.

G

Gregg,
The weather was warm enough here in Indy yesterday to drive the L... This is the first time I have had a chance to really test the 2CR....Test it I did!!!:3g:
This is the one I was looking for :3g:
Thanks again for the great service
I will send the core back shortly
John

:3g:
:3g:

Back