FFW in Ennis TX

ND4SPD

Whos going to FFW in Ennis TX. Looks like I will be going to this instead of Topeka, just wonering if anyone in here will be going. I went last year and had a good time. ;)

A lot of the TALON guys will be there, but keep in mind that LightningFest is specific to Lightnings and Harleys, whereas FFW draws all kinds (no offense to anyone :tipsy: ). FFW has it's ups and downs, but in all honesty I had more fun at LightningFest last year than I ever had at any FFW events I've been to, but that's just me. You will get more runs down the track at LightningFest than you will FFW, and you have the opportunity to run the open track (I didn't do it last year, but I hear it is an absolute blast).

You make your own choice, but if I were you, LightningFest is where I'd be...

Tom

Yeah I hear ya...I really want to go to Topeka but my wife doesn't have a good back and the drive there will hurt her and then all the walking around. Plus I don't want to take her all the way up there and be like OK see ya later I'm off to go play in the events. Ennis is only about 2 1/2 3 hours away so it's lookin a lot easier. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get up there one year.

i was at FFW in cordovia il & ennis tx last year---i was racin my 87 mustang in true street(used the ole blk 93 L(with blue ghost flames)as the tow trk---i was the fastest 12sec car(12.011) in cordovia & was runner up(12.049 to a 12.023) at ennis----then came home & went to lightning fest with the ole L & the MKLO crew--i went several rounds there b4 braking out(went to qiuck-13.56 on a 13.60 dial)---i will have to say---i enjoyed it there better than both FFW events because it was all LIGHTNING"S *and believe me---you cant beat that----oh yea---believe me there will be a lot of wives there to keep her company if she cant do alot of walking----heck vern & i both were down in the back last year & we had all the help we needed to change tires-ect

there may even be some golf carts for rent this year but you will need to check with BIG D about that
so come on & join the fun----hope to see ya there:tu: ;w :bout: :bout: :3g: :3g: :3g: :B2: :B2:

Last edited:
thanks for the info Dpracing, sounds like you had an awesome time last year. I'm sure I saw you run because I watched everyone of the true cars run. Did you see that noth hit the wall due to fluids on the track? Yeah that was my buddies stang, he was hoping for low 10's! Well, I guess I'll have to see what's up with Topeka...anyone know an est. on how many L's will be there.

Last year over 150 Lightning attended, this year we are planning for over 300 L's and HD Trucks.

i saw that happen-------my car is a black notch back(has KAY JAY PERFORMANCE on the back window)---oh yea my wife still has a hard time knowing witch one is me because there are so many blk cars--i was parked in the grass next to the swap meet sat & sun-------as of june 30 there were 73 signed up---big d is predicting as many as 300 this year----give it some thought----
oh i wont be going to either FFW events this year due to some other race commentments(darn it) but will definitely be @ L fest hope to see ya there :tu: :tu: :tug: :tug: ;w ;w :flag: :flag: :bout: :3g: :3g: :3g:

Last edited:
Back