Exhaust Questions?

N

Nick Wilson

It's become apparent that the stock exh. on my 93 sucks! I want to set up a flowmaster system like the 99's with duel outlets infront of the rear axel. Should I use the 2.25 duel in duel out, or two separate side by sides. I'm open to any suggestions!

Buy the Bassani NASTRUCK cat-back kit, it looks almost identical to the new Lightnings and sounds great!

Contact huffmuffler@aol.com
He did the exhaust on my truck (set up like the new ones) and I love it. I have Flowmasters, no cats. He can tell you the best way to go about it and the difficulties and what not to install.

nick if you want to save a little cash. and still get the same hp increse. i used 3 in pipe from the headers back to 2 3in flowmasters stacked togather and ran pipe out the side in front of the passanger rear tire. looks pretty good cut the exit pipe at 45* or put on some chrome tips. i just put turn downs on mine. if you want to keep your cats just do the pipe after the cats. cost was around 120 copmlete. borla 700 bassani/w muffler 750. i would use at least 2 1/2 pipe just my 2 cents.

95 with 2.5 inch stacked sonic turbos (short loud ones) with turndowns under the truck. I bought it that way, and they are a good / bad idea - I love the sound when moving. Sometimes in traffic though the resonation from the bed will make you want a bigger amplifier for the stereo.

3 chamber Flowmasters stacked with side exit should sound great, if you don't want it too loud you can probably put a crossover (H in the pipe) before them to mellow it out.

If your into letting everyone know when you get home, get the 2 chamber ones. Either way, it's probably going get that "Mustang" sound to it. I personally want the 3 chamber and out the side with baloney cuts on chrome tips. I can't get used to the idea of 1 muffler 2 in / outlets for some reason.

Back