DashDaq Series II Ultimate OBDII Display Official Group Buy!!!

harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
*NOTE* this Group Buy has been approved by BigD :tu:

Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning (new SV!) has offered to do a group buy on these new DashDAQ OBDII setups!!

Drew_page_2_07.jpg

I'm selling my Aeroforce, and getting one of these! The Aeroforce is great for viewing data, but the DashDAQ can do everything the Aeroforce can and much much MUCH more!

Here's their website:
DashDAQ Series II - customizable OBD2 gauges, data logging, dianostics, and GPS Navigation

Here's it on Torrie's website (A SV here!)
DashDAQ | Unleashed Tuning | Dashdaq, Dashboard, Data, Gps

Pricing:
Normal: $675 + shipping
Group Purchase: ***TOO LOW TO POST***! PM me or Torrie (tmcphail) for pricing info!

Terms:
This will run til the end of the month, and is good for as many people as we can get to jump in on it! Figure you're saving around $100 bucks after shipping on the normal price!

Yeah its pricey, but a dual aeroforce setup is over $400 plus another $50 for a pod, and can only show 4 parameters at a time in a single text line form. For the little extra its worth every penny & then some!

You can put a 1 GB SD card in this and datalog as much as you want! Also takes in all sorts of extra inputs, you can view 3 gauges at once, a listing of like a dozen line values, or graph real time values for a number of parameters, has diagnostic tools, you can custom make gauges & displays, use it in multiple vehicles, etc..

Here's a few examples of different screen setups.

metal.bmp

classic.JPG
sport.JPG
neon.JPG

tuner.JPG
night.JPG
metal.JPG

and here's a few examples of all the ways you can setup data displays with gauges, line outputs, graphs, etc.

classic1.JPG
classic2.JPG
classic3.JPG

classic4.JPG
classic5.JPG
classic6.JPG

classic7.JPG
classic8.JPG
classic9.JPG

Optional Navigation (waiting on pricing)

GPS1.JPG

gps2.JPG

I don't have a pic of the graphing screen, but checkout the video on Torrie's website and it goes through all the screens on the setup.

As for mounting, it comes with a windshield mount, but its very universal for mounting setups....

I plan on getting a mount and putting it into an expy center console where the build plaque normally goes on a 02-03 HD.

Anyway, post up if you want to join in the GB! Drop me or Torrie a PM for pricing since its too low to publically post!

***UPDATE***
I recieved my dashdaq last week and got to play around with it a little. I still need to update it, customize the screens, do some data logging, and play with the performance simulation runs, but so far its pretty badazz the few miles I've driven with it!

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-lightnings/171687-got-my-dashdaq-1st-impressions.html

:tu:

:tu:

Hooo mama. I need one of these!!

Torrie is a GREAT person to deal with as well. Welcome to NLOC man!
:eek:ldtu:

Josh,
This seems to be the ultimate guage. So, we could datalog a run down the 1/8 or 1/4 and get A/F, IAT1, IAT2, Fuel, etc without needing a laptop? That would be great for sure! Also, does it record up to 1GB or 3GB? Curious to know more about monitoring your A/F from wideband sensor into this guage (as apposed to using PCM-O2 readings)? Did that make sense?

Josh,
This seems to be the ultimate guage. So, we could datalog a run down the 1/8 or 1/4 and get A/F, IAT1, IAT2, Fuel, etc without needing a laptop? That would be great for sure! Also, does it record up to 1GB or 3GB? Curious to know more about monitoring your A/F from wideband sensor into this guage (as apposed to using PCM-O2 readings)? Did that make sense?

It is a really neat piece once you work with it. I love mine. You can log up to 8gb. You can datalog it pop the SD card out walk inside and grab all of the data off of that without having to take the unit out of the vehicle. It has 2 analog inputs so you can log all of the enhanced Ford parameters across the port and also pipe in Wide band AF into it along with boost too. I am putting together a kit with a 3 bar map to measure pressure 30psi. Its active right now in my GT.

DashDAQ Series II Technical Specs

Display
4” COLOR TFT w/touch panel

Resolution
480 x 272 (QWVGA) w 24-bit color display

System Processor
240MHZ ARM9

Vehicle Bus Processor
48MHZ ARM7

RAM
64MB SDRAM

Flash
16MB Flash

Memory Expansion
MMC/SD Card 128MB to 8GB+

Device I/O
touch-panel, ambient light sensor, 16-bit stereo line-out, 1W speaker, USB device port, programmable button

Vehicle I/O
CAN, J1850VPW (GM Class 2), J1850PWM (Ford SCP), ISO9141, KWP2000

Expansion I/O
(2) USB Host Ports, (2) RS232 Ports, (2) 0-5V 10-bit analog inputs

Add-on sensors
Blackline GPS (up to 20HZ), Innovate MTS Bus products, 0-5V Wideband O2 Sensors, NMEA GPS, USB 3-axis Accelerometer, USB K-Type Thermocouple

Operating temperature
-35 to 85C

Operating voltage
6 to 30V

Current Draw
200mA at 100% backlight

Dimensions
4.6” x 2.75” x 1”

Weight
0.5LB

Operating System
Linux

Warranty
factory tested with 1 year warranty

Other Features
Real Time Clock, locking connectors, factory tested, field upgradeable firmware

Mounting Pattern
AMPS 4-HOLE standard

Package Contents
DashDAQ, Vehicle Cable, USB Cable, Windshield Pedestal, CD-ROM, users manual

Last edited:
Keep me posted on that boost sensor kit Torrie! :tu: I'm going to try and hookup my wideband to it this weekend if I get a chance :eek:ldtu:

Josh,

I was wondering the same thing on how much it can record, cuz all they mention on their website is 1 GB card, but very cool to know it can handle 8 GB!

But yeah one of the biggest reasons this grabbed my attention was the datalogging capability without needing my laptop with me. Should have seen me at SSOTN, I'm sitting there before the run scrambling to write down engine temps, IAT temps, etc. before the pass, then make the run down the 1/4, watch to see what boost I'm hitting, trying to watch the A/F gauge, trying to watch the RPM's i'm crossing the traps at, then trying to look at all the temps again at the end of the pass and remember them to write them down when I get in the pits, and scrolling through the aeroforce non stop since I can only view 2 parameters at a time :hh: I just like being able to record numerical data so I can see what changes in temps, rpm's, etc. have on my 1/4 times, so VERY cool to be able to do it with the DashDAQ now, just log the run and checkout the data for comparison later :db:

If I get around to hooking up the analog input cable to my innovate wideband this weekend I'll try to take some pics and do a little how-to on it. never used any analog in's on my aeroforce, but it seems pretty easy enough to hook them up on this.

Keep me posted on that boost sensor kit Torrie! :tu: I'm going to try and hookup my wideband to it this weekend if I get a chance :eek:ldtu:

I was wondering the same thing on how much it can record, cuz all they mention on their website is 1 GB card, but very cool to know it can handle 8 GB!

But yeah one of the biggest reasons this grabbed my attention was the datalogging capability without needing my laptop with me. Should have seen me at SSOTN, I'm sitting there before the run scrambling to write down engine temps, IAT temps, etc. before the pass, then make the run down the 1/4, watch to see what boost I'm hitting, trying to watch the A/F gauge, trying to watch the RPM's i'm crossing the traps at, then trying to look at all the temps again at the end of the pass and remember them to write them down when I get in the pits, and scrolling through the aeroforce non stop since I can only view 2 parameters at a time :hh: I just like being able to record numerical data so I can see what changes in temps, rpm's, etc. have on my 1/4 times, so VERY cool to be able to do it with the DashDAQ now, just log the run and checkout the data for comparison later :db:

If I get around to hooking up the analog input cable to my innovate wideband this weekend I'll try to take some pics and do a little how-to on it. never used any analog in's on my aeroforce, but it seems pretty easy enough to hook them up on this.

Email me if you need any help on that !

Dang! Where do I sign up? I'll check out the GB on NHTOC? Datalogging without my laptop down the track is very sweet! I'll be in touch, Torie.

:pat: stupid me forgot my dashdaq in philly this weekend when I went back home to Jersey to fiddle with the truck :hh:

if I get time this weekend I'll hopefully remember to bring it home with me and hook up the analog input to my A/F gauge!

Changed the mounting position again for this although its not permanent and you can route the wires for the unit around the RH side out of site of the driver if need be.

Also note I have a 3 bar Map sensor connected to it so I have the ability to monitor / datalog upwards of 30 psi of pressure. I can put together a kit that includes all of these pieces together for anyone interested. This is great if your running more then 15psi. Plus you can full blown datalog timing, fuel trims, rail pressure or any of the OBD2 signals.

I can't wait for the navigation add on that is coming shortly for this unit.

DSC04985.jpg

DSC04987.jpg

PM'ed ya back :db:

this will be especially handy because the gauge I pay attention to least is boost (busy watching A/F, RPM's, and Fuel pressure), so will be nice to be able to log the boost and go back and see what it peaks at

Exactly, this what I used it for yesterday in the TTGT. Popped the SD card out and into my laptop when I got home and was able to analyze everything.

My buddy just got one from Torrie and I am now in the process of selling all my gauges to help offset the purchase of one of these things. They're AMAZING. I'll be contacting you soon! :eek:ldtu:

Back