CBXER55 has been banned... PLEASE READ

relykz

2001 White SVT Lightning
Our good friend and fellow NLOC member CBXER55 (Robert) has been banned on this site for a month thanks to the stupid rules and the filter-nazi's here. I was told he was banned for posting links to the group buys over on L!ghtningRodder.

So he went and did what any upstanding Lightning owner would do... got a section made for us over there... lol! Check it out (hope this link stays up and I don't get a ban here too):

Oklahoma - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

Our good friend and fellow NLOC member CBXER55 (Robert) has been banned on this site for a month thanks to the stupid rules and the filter-nazi's here. I was told he was banned for posting links to the group buys over on L!ghtningRodder.

So he went and did what any upstanding Lightning owner would do... got a section made for us over there... lol! Check it out (hope this link stays up and I don't get a ban here too):

Oklahoma - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

:eek:ldtu:

You will and I will tell you why.

They (the mods) know of the other site and use it as well. But you never see McDonald's giving Wendy's free advertising.

I'm not sure he should have been banned but he is our moderator. He should know better.

If you think it's bad here you should check out Wrangler forum. Holy crap. I spent about 4 months there and gave it up after some guy that didn't know his *** from the hole in his face (to be fair nobody else could tell the difference either) jumped my case for posting an honest, obvious and good willed answer to a question. I let it set for a few days thinking the mods would take care of it but they didn't. Within 5 minutes of rebutting his statement within forum rules and much more tactfully than he had there was a PM in my box telling me my attitude was not welcome there. It's gotten to the point that I am not a regular contributor on any forums any more.

If you think it's bad here you should check out Wrangler forum. Holy crap. I spent about 4 months there and gave it up after some guy that didn't know his *** from the hole in his face (to be fair nobody else could tell the difference either) jumped my case for posting an honest, obvious and good willed answer to a question. I let it set for a few days thinking the mods would take care of it but they didn't. Within 5 minutes of rebutting his statement within forum rules and much more tactfully than he had there was a PM in my box telling me my attitude was not welcome there. It's gotten to the point that I am not a regular contributor on any forums any more.

People are touchy these days. Like you I've found its easier to just sit back and watch.

Their is a forum called land thieves dedicated to Oklahoma football ect. That's the most liberal (for lack of a better term) forum I've seen

You will and I will tell you why.

They (the mods) know of the other site and use it as well. But you never see McDonald's giving Wendy's free advertising.

I'm not sure he should have been banned but he is our moderator. He should know better.

These forums should be about our trucks, whether it be about diagnosing problems with our trucks, finding affordable parts/mods for our trucks, or setting up meets. I feel it was stupid for them to ban our moderator. If they want to ban me to, I will do like the others and stop coming around here as well. I believe one of the Group Buys Robert linked to was a supporting vendor of NLOC as well... not sure though.

Anyways, we already have 7 peeps from the Oklahoma area that are ready to do a meet, and they haven't ever been to when of our L-O-OK meets. If NLOC keeps banning valuable members of our group we will all move over there. Better Gen2 info over "there" anyways... how often do you see a good deal for Gen2 aftermarket parts in the classifieds section here? Over "there" there is parts posted for sale everyday. Seems to me the admins and mods over here want to single this site out for mostly Gen1 guys.

CBXER55 (Robert) said he would NOT be coming back to this site after his ban was lifted... and that he hops most of you will make accounts over "there" if you haven't already. I could have done this all in PM's, but then a lot of you wouldn't know what the eff was going on... so I decided to make it easy and transparent... so everyone could see what was going on.

John's probably right, I will probably have a "Banned" tag under my name here soon too... but if NLOC keeps it up, they won't have any active users/members left to ban. :scared1::eek:ldtu:

Het heres an IDDEA if you are unhappy with how this site (or any others) are run you could start your own.....
then you can run it how YOU want to run it...

Otherwise Id say just deal with it as it is or move on....

I am on several forums and yes it is a lil tighter here than some others but then again I deal with it on here since
A) I have garnered a lot of useful info here.
B) I HAVE the ABILITY to log on or OFF whenever I FEEL so if I dont want to deal with the regs I just dont have to log on.

Kinda like the channel selector and or volume control on your TV if you are unhappy with the programing just change the channel.........:eek:ldtu::wave:

The answer to the "If you don't like it, why don't you start your own forum?" question is easy. In order for a forum to be useful it needs to have some traffic. In order to have traffic it needs to have members. If everyone started their own forum so it could be just like they wanted it, every forum would only have one member. When that started to suck they would start to frequent other people's forums and the lesser travelled ones would go away because it wouldn't be worth the effort to maintain them and the ad money wouldn't be enough because it's based on number of hits received. The L community has already been through this. About 10 years ago there were probably 25 or 30 active L forums. Now there are two that I can think of plus a handful of special sections on other forums and most of them barely have enough traffic to stay alive. Starting a new forum simply isn't worth it when there are enough sucky ones around to accomodate us all.

Well if it is so as u say "sucky" please refer to above option of logging in..... Last I ck'd no one is "required" to be here it is a CHOICE each of us make. Remember our trucks are no longer in production so yeah the umber of potential member goes down as the trucks age are wecked and basically become even less of a draw! Cant please everyone all the time ya know.

And if you don't like to read our complaints you don't have to log in. It works both ways and it's a public forum. It sucks, but it's about the only game in town. If you want a forum that's rose petals and bunnies all the time you'll have to start your own.

I was not or am I the one whining now am I

You are the one *****ing about us *****ing. If you don't like our *****ing I suggest you go find a forum where there isn't any. Like all of us, you have the option of visitng here or not. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

Don't forget that running a site like this cost money. Its a business that must make a profit or fail.

The up side to all of this tho (good or bad) it's the most traffic look as gotten in a long time.

Like you John, I am a paid member of this site. And will continue to be just to get the cool sticker and T-Shirt. :D

OOPS, looks like my paid membership expired. Gonna have to fix that, I need another sticker for my back window. The one on there one corner is starting to lift.

I broke the rules, so I got what I deserved. I still do not get what the problem is with group buys, its not like the site is profiting from them. And most of the sellers are on both sites, so :headscratch:

Since most of you are now on the other board as well, I can now refrain from doing that. :)

Our good friend and fellow NLOC member CBXER55 (Robert) has been banned on this site for a month thanks to the stupid rules and the filter-nazi's here.

Like you John, I am a paid member of this site. And will continue to be just to get the cool sticker and T-Shirt. :D

OOPS, looks like my paid membership expired. Gonna have to fix that, I need another sticker for my back window. The one on there one corner is starting to lift.

I broke the rules, so I got what I deserved. I still do not get what the problem is with group buys, its not like the site is profiting from them. And most of the sellers are on both sites, so :headscratch:

Since most of you are now on the other board as well, I can now refrain from doing that. :)

Rules are rules - right or wrong they are to be enforced. Otherwise there is no point in having rules. Ironic that a moderator chose to ignore the rules that he was supposed to be helping to enforce.

All the drama happened before my time.

Ill explain why group purchases are controlled. Because they often en fringe on the products sold by supporting vendors. If you dont have some control of"group purchases" then pretty soon every thing is sold under the name group purchase.

IIRC, the vendor offering the GB is a supporting vendor here as well. The problem was that instead of retyping the entire thread he just posted a link to the one that already existed on LR.

Rules are rules - right or wrong they are to be enforced. Otherwise there is no point in having rules. Ironic that a moderator chose to ignore the rules that he was supposed to be helping to enforce.

All the drama happened before my time.

Ill explain why group purchases are controlled. Because they often en fringe on the products sold by supporting vendors. If you dont have some control of"group purchases" then pretty soon every thing is sold under the name group purchase.

You should actually READ and RESEARCH things before making a post... this site has gotten slow because of its policies. Your can't even mention the other forum over here without it being censored. Most of the people that left here have Gen 2 L's, which the scene over here is pretty much Gen 1 L's. In the end the community is supposed to be able to help one another, you shouldn't be banned from a forum for trying to help people.

This forum will go the way of F150 Online due to its moderation and policies... /endrant

You should actually READ and RESEARCH things before making a post... this site has gotten slow because of its policies. Your can't even mention the other forum over here without it being censored. Most of the people that left here have Gen 2 L's, which the scene over here is pretty much Gen 1 L's. In the end the community is supposed to be able to help one another, you shouldn't be banned from a forum for trying to help people.

This forum will go the way of F150 Online due to its moderation and policies... /endrant

The post you were referring to was made by the new owner of NLOC. You can actually mention Lightning Rodder here without getting in trouble now and he is trying to make things better. Give the guy a chance before you hammer him. We've had such poor leadership here for so long that it will take time to turn things around, but I think it's on the right track.

Back