Anybody take there Lightning out this week?

I just went to renew my plate and changed my address to Lombard so I should be getting a test now that they know it's within the testing area... Rockford never had testing but I'm hoping mine should pass as the cat's are original on mine but it does have a tune that might have the O2's shut off... I hope you were able to get your's to pass Chitown...

Hopefully they won't test you until the next odd numbered year. SOS gave me a four month extension on the plates, so I have some time now. I got the new (emissions only) tune via email, but I have not loaded it into the truck yet. First I had problems with the screen on my Xcal2, then I had problems updating the newest software into it and into my old laptop. The tech support guy at SCT was very helpful and I got the tune into the Xcal. A couple days later the old jalopy laptop crapped out. I bought a scantool so I can verify "monitor readiness" and head into the test facility as soon as the drive cycles are complete. I might load the tune this week, but with all the electronics mishaps I've been having I'm a bit scared! ;-)

did they only fail it because of the o2 sensor monitors?

Getting a little worried about my obdII 302 ranger, my carbon canister and egr are long gone

did they only fail it because of the o2 sensor monitors?

Getting a little worried about my obdII 302 ranger, my carbon canister and egr are long gone

The two items they appear to be rejecting it for are "Catalytic Converter Eff." and "Oxygen Sensor". Not to say they won't ask for more once those two are "ready".

The only two monitors that currently show "ready" are FUE (fuel system monitor) and CCM (comprehensive component monitor) Same that show up on my new scan tool.

I just need to get out there and load the temporary tune and see what changes. Been too busy though.

Update... Loaded the emissions only tune and the rest of the readiness monitors showed up on the scan tool. So far MIS FUE CCM O2S HTR are ready to go. Still waiting for CAT EVA and EGR to finish. I've put on 150 miles so far and check it every time I pull back into the garage. I've had two codes show as "pending" (not at same time, 50 miles apart) but they both disappeared before setting the light off. They were P0158 O2 circuit high voltage bank 2 sensor 2, and P0156 O2 circuit bank 2 sensor 2. I had a discussion with a mechanic friend as to whether that was part of the self testing process or if there was an issue with the sensor. Either way the pending codes are gone but the monitors are not yet ready.

Back