93 over 95 lightning

********1993 Lightnings********
5,276 built (2,691 black, 2,585 red, N/A white)

********1994 Lightnings********
4,007 built (1,382 black, 1,165 red, 1,460 white)

********1995 Lightnings********
2,280 built (824 black, 695 red, 761 white)

94/95 had air bag, 3rd brake light, internal door beams, different color interior, base coat/clear coat paint, and some other differences, but nothing major.

Last edited:
********1993 Lightnings********
5,276 built (2,691 black, 2,585 red, N/A white)

********1994 Lightnings********
4,007 built (1,382 black, 1,165 red, 1,460 white)

********1995 Lightnings********
2,280 built (824 black, 695 red, 761 white)

And the number left probably favors the 93 even more because it didn't have airbags and a lot of places an airbag deployment equals a totaled vehicle instead of a vehicle that gets fixed.

93 Lightnings/F150
-Will have a front brakes that use caliper slide pins instead of bolts.
-Could have the old r12 system or retro fit r134 for the air conditioning if not upgraded already.
-iirc they didn’t have the option for the smitty built rear bumper or middle seat. I could be wrong and should be checked.
-the very ugly style “2 post” ford steering wheel

95 lightnings/f150
-will have a noticeable seam on the very lower portion of the doors (only for 95-96/97 model f1/2/350s)
-will have an “svt” emblem on RH side of the tailgate and the “ford” emblem on the left. Not the reflective lightning logo.
-options include CD player, smitty built style bumper, rear slide window, and remote door lock.
-“4 post” airbag steering wheel very common to the late model fox body mustangs.

Like “jonwoos” stated nothing earth shattering. 95s are more rare and sought after.

Some of the brake lines and fittings are different. I can't remember what it was ( been 3 or 4 years). But I did stainless on both and I noticed the difference.

All '93 trucks with cruise (1st year for electric servo) have the SCDS (the thing that got recalled because of fires) on the frame below the master cylinder, which is why the front brake lines (from the MC to the driver's spring tower) are unique to that year/option. In '94, the SCDS was moved to the front of the master cylinder, so all later brake lines are the same as '93 w/o cruise.

(click this text)

I think door intrusion beams were added in '95, with the visible crease at the bottom of the door to indicate them.

(click this text)

IDK how accurate this list is, but it says the tube bumper was always an option. I'm going to add notes to it from this thread...

(click this text)

BTW jonwoos ;)
********1996 Lightnings********
0,001 built (1 red Bronco for a Ford executive)

Last edited:
93 Lightnings/F150
-Will have a front brakes that use caliper slide pins instead of bolts.
-Could have the old r12 system or retro fit r134 for the air conditioning if not upgraded already.
-iirc they didn’t have the option for the smitty built rear bumper or middle seat. I could be wrong and should be checked.
-the very ugly style “2 post” ford steering wheel

95 lightnings/f150
-will have a noticeable seam on the very lower portion of the doors (only for 95-96/97 model f1/2/350s)
-will have an “svt” emblem on RH side of the tailgate and the “ford” emblem on the left. Not the reflective lightning logo.
-options include CD player, smitty built style bumper, rear slide window, and remote door lock.
-“4 post” airbag steering wheel very common to the late model fox body mustangs.

Like “jonwoos” stated nothing earth shattering. 95s are more rare and sought after.
AwwMan I like the very ugly style "2 post" steering wheel.

Looks to me you nailed all the different info. nice

Back